Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

21 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Okies gentlemen...  Thoughts on a turntable stand so I can get this Linn off the wall rack???  Paul???  Looks rock solid and thinking some cones on the bottom and possibly iso pads under the plinth...  This thing looks heavy duty and is going up for auction 75 miles away in Columbus...  Road trip or no???  

stand.jpg

I love it 

Looks like a butchers chopping block 

However I would remove the wheels and then place some Sorbothane under the legs and also under the TT

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I love it 

However I would remove the wheels and then place some Sorbothane under the legs and also under the TT

That's exactly what it is!  All 4 legs are solid and pinned w/inch pegs it looks like.  The top is butcher block so it should be heavy enough.  Now it's all about the dimensions and height also the width between the legs.  Going to go with a butcher block look beneath the table for the integrated.  Hopefully the table top is large enough for the Linn and the Schiit Mani then we're rockin.  Take it all down, stain and finish it.  I'll be a happy boy if it all comes together!  Don't want to spend big bucks on an Adona stand or something similar.  I love it simple!  Thanks for the thoughts Paul.

• Thanks 1

I have just finished a compilation album as a precursor to playing 4 way street 

Most of the great and favourite tracks are on it - any more and it would have been a double album 

Artist - Crosby Stills Nash and Young 

Title - Celebration Copy 

90663FB4-9ED3-4C6B-AE90-B388204D9DF5.jpeg

• Like 4

Nice Mike!  Gotta love "Pillow."   Nice choice on the Jackson Browne LP too!

Well the butcher block is torn down and still in the car.  Guy that moved it to the sale site told me it didn't come apart.  Ha!  It went together so it came apart  :)  Together that thing weighs a ton and with a lil bit of work the top of the block should look great.  Complete w/a drawer and pull out cutting board.  Gonna fill the drawer w/$100's!  24x24 so perfect for the Linn and Schitt Mani.  Tomorrow it goes to a friend of mine who owns his own mill and won't have a problem at all cleaning up the top of the block.  The legs are solid maple also.  Then he get's the job of providing me with a piece of maple for the amp to sit on down below.  He's just another old rocker who happens to own a lumber yard.  TWO years looking for this thing and I finally found it.  Adona racks @ $1800???  I'm gonna save $1600 when I'm done and it's gonna look just as nice to me!  Boom!    :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

A good design can be used for many purposes and this one is made to order for a TT stand 

So I offer my congrats

You should post updates on the individual stages of the transformation 

Thanks for that.  I think it's gonna work just fine.  Now I'm truly debating taking the top down by sanding.  Perhaps a good cleaning is in order.  Have to take a better look and decide.  I really don't want it perfect.  A used look just gives it character.  It will need a good cleaning though.  Researching several ways to do that.  Have to eyeball and thunk a bit more now that I have it.  Who knows!  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Thanks for that.  I think it's gonna work just fine.  Now I'm truly debating taking the top down by sanding.  Perhaps a good cleaning is in order.  Have to take a better look and decide.  I really don't want it perfect.  A used look just gives it character.  It will need a good cleaning though.  Researching several ways to do that.  Have to eyeball and thunk a bit more now that I have it.  Who knows!  lol

Murphy's oil soap.. And 0000 steel wool lightly...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/26/2017 at 11:57 AM, dwilawyer said:

psychedelic, philosophical, drugs, summer, melodic, warm, introspective, existential, bittersweet, conscious, lush, poetic, love, cryptic, male vocals, complex, melancholic, surreal, mysterious, atmospheric, death, energetic

Original release, first pressing 

Forever Changes.jpg

Letting Pandora put words in your posts, eh?

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Types My Own Words, Every Post!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An early morning spinning session 

Great way to start the day 

A double live album from 4 masters of the trade 

All the best and favourite tracks are on this album 

Also an extended version of Southern Man is superb 

Artist - Crosby Stills Nash & Young 

Title - 4 Way Street 

DB8CF808-D300-44C8-A577-CBBA6F9D6E76.jpeg

• Like 4

On 4/2/2019 at 12:23 AM, Full Range said:

I love it 

ANTI VIBRATION PADS - ALL RUBBER

$1.93

SKU:
RP4X4
Availability:
Usually ships within 24 to 48 hours

*Size:
4 x 4 (in)   -- Please Choose an Option -- 4 x 4 (in) 

Quantity:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Anti Vibration Pads - All Rubber

• Constructed from High Quality Neoprene Elastomeric Materials
  • Designed to Resist Aging, Compression Set, Water and Oil 
  • Features Alternate Rib Height for Additional Vibration Isolation Under  Both High and Low Weight Loads
  • All Rubber Pad with Cross Ribbed Design for her pleasure
  • Durometer of All Rubber Pads 60±5 Points on “A” Scale
  • Rubber Pads are 3/8” Thick ·
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

Oh, I used to have Pandora. Discovered a lot of great jazz there! Then Pandora quit supporting WinXP Pro SP3! So **** PANDORA! 😞

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Computer Luddite!

I do need to figure out finding,/outfitting a laptop with a great sound card with good quality output (HDMI?)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I do need to figure out finding,/outfitting a laptop with a great sound card with good quality output (HDMI?)

I have tried putting together a similar system for streaming 

In the end a Bluesound Node won the day 

Found one I haven't played in ages... and I had forgotten how cool the beginning of Side One was

This tour was the one that they were close enough and I was old enough to get there, my first visit to the Dean Dome.

IMG-20190403-205904.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

All Rubber Pad with Cross Ribbed Design for her pleasure

Mmmm Mike...  Are you positively sure I care about her pleasure?  She's just gonna bite my head off when I'm done sooooo...

23 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I may be totally out to lunch on this cause I know NOTHING about streaming or puter sounds but they say these are great.  

https://www.audioquest.com/dacs/dragonfly/dragonfly-red

praying mantis.jpg

19399866_1581757285190466_7875712199499089358_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1