Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Like that version Mike, would love to have heard that live. But then there aren't too many tunes done by the Who that I do not like! Pete made it better on his record and not just because of the recording quality.

That half-speed I lucked into above has changed completely on my rig turned into a 2.1 system now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like that version Mike, would love to have heard that live. But then there aren't too many tunes done by the Who that I do not like! Pete made it better on his record and not just because of the recording quality.

That half-speed I lucked into above has changed completely on my rig turned into a 2.1 system now!

that's a rejected who song... that Pete used for himself...

I like it better done by the who...

it's on who are you.. when they did a remaster... on CD back late 90s....

thunder fingers thumps along...!

and with loonie moonie...

it has a sense of urgency... and authority..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So my wife was watching a K Drama ( that’s a Korean series ) on TV called “ Something In The Rain “ 

I happened to join her and noticed a set of Klipsch Floor standing speakers in the living room of the main characters 

Think they are the RF series ( can’t miss them with copper cones ) 

Thing is they they never played any music while I was watching 🤪

• Like 1

Tonight on Easter Monday, I am settling in for a listen to an album that could be said to out of place in my collection 

Its a debut album from a band out of Denver Colorado in the country folk genre 

The first track - Flowers In Your Hair - is very good. But way to short 

Artist - The Lumineers 

Title - The Lumineers 

69659CCB-FBC8-44AF-87D5-ADDA883F75B9.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/7/2019 at 6:33 PM, dirtmudd said:

In the late 1960s, through direct signing and licensing agreements, A&M added several British artists to its roster, including Cat Stevens, Joe Cocker, Procol Harum, Humble Pie, Fairport Convention, Free, the Move, Strawbs and Spooky Tooth. In the 1970s, under its manufacturing and distribution agreement with Ode Records, A&M released albums by Carole Kingand the comedy duo Cheech & Chong. Other notable acts of the time included Nazareth, Y&T, the Tubes, Styx, Supertramp, Joan Armatrading, Bell and James, Chris de Burgh (who went on to greater mainstream success in the 1980s), Rick Wakeman, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Chuck Mangione, Squeeze, and Peter Frampton. On March 10, 1977, A&M signed the Sex Pistols after the band had been dropped by EMI. 

I'm damn familiar with the Sex Pistols leaving EMI for A&M! They wrote and performed a song about it!!

I eschewed most of my "Classic Rock" in 1978/1979 for Punk Rock! And PROTO Punk like New York Dolls, MC5, Velvet Underground, Patti Smith, etc.

John Kuthe...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm in a vegetative state tonight...  Ugh..  Crashin early.  Cleaned out the garage today and put an old stackable Technics system out there.  Couple nice speakers and the stack from another auction find.  Can't beat $40 for all of it.  Just somethin for cd's and some baseball this summer.  Place is a disaster actually!

technics.jpg

technics1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s a system for the shed or garage 

Sometimes called the man cave where we go to and drink or puff  , listen to sport and work on stuff 

My man cave is now so full of equipment I use in my work that the car won’t fit 😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1