Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

10 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Geez, just passin thru I guess...  Can't believe I'm sitting here watching Columbus/Boston play hockey.  Tied at 2 and into overtime.  I have no idea what's going on but I do know these guys are beating the HECK outta each other.  Crazy nuts.  Like watching a cage match on ice! @JohnJ you have to be insane to watch this stuff!  lololol

What's crazy is their salaries compared to the hate America football league that play 16 or so games. NHL is 82 games a season plus a four round best of seven playoffs.

You gotta have a tv with a sharp screen to keep up with the puck, it's easier if you're there at the game. If we win the semis we'll play whoever wins the Col/Bos round.

• Like 1

Procrastinated LONG enough soooo have piles of LP's everywhere.  Time to make room, which I'm sure will disappear quickly!  Sometimes I wonder about this "habit" of mine!  Hopefully they'll go back in the proper alphabetical place on the shelves.  Well maybe, cause nothing worse than looking for something you KNOW you have and to find it 3 months later misplaced.  Anyone else have that problem?  😂   😂  Goes back to singin, "Gimme 2 steps, justs gimme two steps..."  It'll be full in no time I'm sure.  hahahaha    Little Feat huh?  Now THAT's an idea for later!  

Albums.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope it's not real bad with the out of place ones @Dave1290.

Now for the bands with the leaders name do you use the last name to alphabetize?

J Geils in J or G like me, Stevie Ray Vaughan S for SRV or V with Jimmy Vaughan, Fabulous Thunderbirds in F,  CDB & MTB break that mold for me Charlie's in C Marshall in M.

Then there is Dave Gilmour, Nick Mason and Roger Waters, do you separate them from P?

I used to have a curve, let me know if it threw ya! That's a half ton of vinyl.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@JohnJ Last name first, Geils J and pretty much keep the artists in order too and not with their groups,   Groups are always by first name.  Floyd is under Pink.  I used to do it that way and when I became more worthless as the night progressed I was the same way you were.  That learning curve no one understands but you!  Someone would say well is Elton John under J or E?  Totally messed with their heads as they pulled a fav to hear.  lolol

Eyeball the bottom of that top shelf...  My learning curve was speaking out to me...  hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stones under R here too. I separate the single artist stuff from their band too. Have to keep the T-birds in F and that messes with me sometimes being so far from the same vibe that's under V.  I can see you've got about four times my vinyl content, no wonder I pegged you as a down low DJ... having similar tastes in R&R!

Remember if it gives you a headache cut back on that coffee and detox :lol: 

• Haha 2

@JohnJ...  Quit picking my brain!  NOW I have to integrate the ROLLING Stones into the R's from the S's..  I mean seriously???  Nope I'm done.  Not gonna, nope, nope, nope!  NOT gonna..  THAT my good man would almost be sacrilege!!!  NO!    😂  😂   😎

• Haha 2

Sooooo much love shared in here at times.  Thanks everyone and spot on @rplace!  BTW @JohnJ i see what you're talking about on the album cabinet glass now.  It's actually a "Home of the Buzzard" sticker from WMMS in Cleveland. Hinckley, Ohio has a buzzard festival when they return to Ohio hence the nickname.  WMMS totally ROCKED the world 24/7/365 in the mid-70-80's and became Rollling Stone's top metro area for like 8-9 years in a row.  WMMS was instrumental in bringing the Rock Hall of Fame to Cleveland.  They lost their license over some Howard Stern stuff I think.  Then iheartradio bought them out and totally screwed things.  That's my story and I'm stickin to it!  Why am I watching Columbus Blue Jacket hockey?  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1