Festival records first artist release 

He only died recently in 2014 

This album was passed down to me and it’s in mint condition 

Artist - Les Welch 

Title - I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch 

203872-CB-BD2-B-474-F-8-E3-C-C95-A42-E84

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Checked that dude out before doing some Snowey.  Not too shabby for self-taught.  This was laying on the porch today a couple weeks early.  The BBC tracks remstered from somewhere in the UK.  My mail dude is a good guy just lays them on the porch for me.  I'll get grilled tomorrow nite at jam night.  Ha!  Picked this up just for the memories!

IMG-20191219-214906886.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes Full Range, those videos sound wild on my system. Almost makes me want to play my bass to accompany... however, am no Leo Lyons.

Speaking of Leo, will be getting a new tranche of LP's soon enough from a couple of good sellers here...Then I will be able to say to Dave... take that...🐩... shampooing the poodle atm...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gonna have some fun w/Mr Funk tonite in RTM.  Bring your A game billybob!  Got my Capezio's on sports fans!  😂  😎

Funk?  The Godfather from 1968.  Incredible person in so many ways.  The ONLY man I ever met who spent an hour before every show loosening up backstage.  Kicks, splits that went ALL the way down and ziiiip right back up.  Hit the water and walked out ready to go to work.  EVERY show was that way!  That ball of sweat turned into slime by the time he walked off.  Killed it too!

IMG-20191220-193422419.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now it's gettin deep in here!  Would that be anything like watching Jon Entwhistle doing the splits while playing?  😂  😂

Cold outside and I KNOW I'll be missed at jam nite again tonite.  I'll just tell them I was gettin  "funky" and take the heat.  All dem wimmen out shoppin anyway!  ha!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The funny thing about all of that was EC spoke slowly when we talked.  I couldn't understand a word anyone else was saying and they were laffing because they KNEW no one understood a word they were saying so the the slang started and they laffed harder.  EC knew yet was off to the side of them a bit just putting his stuff away while we talked.  He was done for the night but the rest of the guys were the draw.  That's why I'm a big fan of EC.  There's more to that story too.  It was all about putting it together, which I'd never done before.  It all works I guess.

Thanks for the post too btw.  I was typing and tappin my foot!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yanno there are soooo many things I've seen at my age and I've seen a lot happen in the music business.  It's been my first love and will be my last even though I didn't work in it for a lifetime. 

I  had probably one of the best guitar players from Ohio since Joe Walsh question me about a couple guys I know.  He said tell me a funny story you know about this guy then wanted to know something else about the other guy in the business. 

I told him straight up that if he thought I was going to tell him a funny story about a true friend of mine then he was talking to the wrong guy.  He couldn't get over the fact I was safeguarding my friendship w/someone I knew to prove myself to him. 

I told him well if I told you a funny story then you could just go to google and check to see if it happened.  He said yup that's what I was gonna do. 

I told him to just go check google for a funny story about him.  Why ask me.  He was HOT when I said that to him.

Here's the bottom line w/me.  I have NO reason to lie to anyone about anything so why do it?  It's just going to bite you in the rear and it ALWAYS does at some point.  Would I throw a true friend under the bus?  Never!  So why does he think I'm going to tell him a funny story?  I could care less if he's that shallow of a person. 

Yea buddy, ya might be good but your heads still in the cycle position.  Yea, ya played w/Warren Haynes a couple times but what happened?  No funny stories about other people who are legends?  It's about respect that's EARNED not stories about others.  Yea, I'm sure he saw what I'm seeing in you now.  GTFOH  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Today it’s my pleasure to play this amazing LP

This artist is the pianists pianist as he had a unique style all his own 

Brilliant musicianship in every way 

A must listen artist to any budding pianist 

Artist - Roger Williams 

Title - Spanish Eyes 

This album was released in 1974 

ID - SPC 3367 USA & Canada release 

42580-B17-EDD0-4-B27-BD20-DF105-F79-C419

• Like 2