Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 1/10/2020 at 4:11 PM, JohnJ said:

Fair Warning: will have something uncharacteristic of me to post in a little while. :cool:

So the Hurricanes played a so-so game and won somehow even with our goalie takin it in the &^%s at 19:30 in the third. Happy with that and posted about it in CC&C! So the tunes carry on with that today.

Imagine hearing an artist that you had been aware of doing something completely different... no not Robert Plant going into guru music. No the "Fly Like an Eagle" fellow doing superb, smooth as silk, soft jazz:wink:

Learned of this here a while back and kept my eyes peeled.

Still sealed, cutout, thin as paper vinyl that sounds fantastic on a Sunday afternoon!

IMG-20200112-125944.jpg

Good Grief!

Must have hit edit instead of quote I destroyed the post I made a few days ago and put this in there.

At least I've got some cheery tunes going on right now!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was waiting for Mike to come in with the lyrics 😎😎😎

JJ Cale Lyrics

"Thirteen Days"

Thirteen days on a gig in the south
We've got enough dope to keep us all around
We've got two girls dancin' to bring in a crowd
A sound man to mix us, make us sound loud
Sometimes we make money, sometimes I don't know
There's thirteen days with five to go

Birmingham, Mobile, and up to Baton Rouge
We're smokin' cigarettes and reefer, drinkin' coffee and booze
Saw the sun go down in Atlanta, come up in New Orleans
I got to know a waitress, I tried to get in her jeans
There's thirteen days with five to go

Migrant Worker is the name of this band
If we're ever in your town, come see us if you can
Yeah, we been to California, we been to New York
Some take to the magazines, some take to dope
Thirteen days with five to go
  • Like 4

Good evening folks 

Today I’m playing another album that I received for my birthday last month 

A classic rock album that changed the way music was played by three brilliant musicians 

Artist - Cream 

Title - Disraeli Gears

7447-FABC-21-B8-4-B7-F-96-EE-E641-F34589

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is something I purchased via eBay just a couple of days ago 

2 lovely display units coming so I can photograph both the record cover and the vinyl 

Now waiting on delivery 

I should add that the stand folds donn to next to nothing when not in use 

0-C0-FE539-EF1-B-4110-8898-565668-E7-DFA

• Like 4

Those are interesting @Full Range, like the gray rubbery stuff in the front of the upright piece to help prevent movement and damage to the items. Thanks for the heads up on those LPs for sale. Things are happening, caught my brother in a good mood yesterday and while talking he expressed his appreciation for something that I've been tackling the past six months or so.

This Tuesday he's going to bring those four crates of records up here and man, I'm going to be busy.

Already ordered the motor/LP spinner, got to narrow down the ultrasonic I'll invest in today. The 40khz variety that is available in my budget all have one year warranties. A few have the sweep function that varies the khz by 3 or so cycles so that there aren't any "hot spots" in the tank. Thinking I might put it to use then pass along through the garage sale here possibly. If a place I've found in the midwest here turns out to be legit I've got a line on a SharperTek with a two year warranty. Found prices that amounted to too good to be true on a Crest 45khz unit also but that place splashes "call us with any questions" on their nicely done site then doesn't answer the phone. The way I'm wired that's my most basic "sniff test" for www purchasing, it's a no-go.

Any of you that clean your LPs have a preference for the surfactant that you use that works well? Yea, I've searched and have it narrowed down, just curious. Drying might be manual and that could add a year!

Figure with the limitations of the usage constraints time wise it would take me a year or so to clean what I have already then the "new" stuff that looks good enough to attempt. Then I might be done with collecting records `cause I know I'll have to downsize in the future sometime. The size of my collection could triple if there are a lot that trip my trigger in those crates.

It's possible that @Dave1290 will have some competition soon for his unofficial DJ moniker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tell me about it... still troubled about my inability to post pics of

my new bounty. So yes, Greatest Hits, APPro... Along with IRobot.

Eliminator, ZZTOP and Steppenwolf Live, 2lp...happy face.

That from seller I posted here 

Just opened up the 2nd package last night from other seller here.

The record I have left elsewhere whilst on the road.

ZZTOP, Tres Hombres...like new

Vinyl... enjoying more than streaming any of these... more to follow up with the rest, unveiled.

Hopefully you were quick to get the...YES!

• Like 3

Atta Boy John!  I'm getting tub fulls and you're getting a collection.  I'm not laffin too hard here.  It only took me almost 3 years to them in alphabetical order.  That's all on me though cause we all know I'm pathetically worthless.  "It ain't going anywhere" applies but you're gonna be pullin and playin then makin piles.  hahahaha  The life of an apprentice DJ so have fun brother.  THEN you get to take pics n post!  MORE drama?  H3ll ya cause you'll be grinnin then you can get up and change the LP and repeat!  Oh yea don't forget those thoughts on the LP too.  THEN ya get to clean them all.  Oh yea, I'm grinnin as most of us are I'm sure.

Lately I've filled some voids w/too much new stuff.  This showed the other day and yea buddy it's Greg Allman max bluesy and clean.  IF ya gotta have Greg n the boys.  The struggle is real and NEVER-ending!

IMG-20200116-222849576.jpg

The life of a DJ!  Yea, ya just sit around and play music every day.  Uh huh!  😂  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, billybob said:

IRobot.

Eliminator,

Tres Hombres..

Hopefully you were quick to get the...YES!

Got those titles covered already.. my kinda music that you like too!

No Carl from Lake Mary was already talking to him & mine will be in better shape sometime soon! My fragile was brand new a couple of years ago!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, billybob said:

Tell me about it... still troubled about my inability to post pics of

my new bounty

I reached my photo limit a long time ago 

Upload your images to a site called Post Image ( it’s specially developed for forums ) and link the photo to your post 

https://postimages.org

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes when I messed up my photos stored at the site and got tired of editing them I started using that too Paul. Found it by rt clicking on posts made by folks that post a lot of pics, now I'm one of `em! I use the itty-bitty app on my desktop: https://postimages.org/app

Last Friday... bummed me out. So I logged into discogs and snagged another Mastered at Abbey Road, DMM, 200g RUSH LP that I never had. A good friend had this one and I was over there all the time so I didn't need it. That Moving Pictures sounds so good, like a half speed that I found this:

IMG-20200117-185048.jpg

The pre-cursor to the precursor for 2112

• Like 3

Did I mention the time I talked with Bruce for a few minutes? Springsteen that is... he was in town for two sold out shows after the "Born in the USA" record came out. Nils was walking around the mall with big ol Clarence Clemmons!  Saw them a few minutes before I noticed Bruce was the one that walked into the record bar at closing without Joe up front telling him to get lost!

Note the sticker Dave :lol:

IMG-20200117-200348.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, Ok, John!  I give!  Hahahaha  Threw these on tonight just for a lil listen.  At least I got my Nils fix in.  So sad to see Clarence gone.  He was soooo good.  

Lil Rush "Exit...Stage Left" from 1981.  Their 2nd live LP.

IMG-20200117-213905896.jpg

All The World's a Stage recorded live in Toronto in June of 1976.

IMG-20200117-224745912.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Playing now 

A special edition 180gram purple vinyl LP of a much loved classic album 

Every track is great 

Artist- Deep Purple 

Title - Machine Head

9-BC8-CB7-A-49-FC-45-C6-BD1-D-9-B9-AE08-

Pictures Of Home...bet that particular weight sounds just great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1