Smoked Speakers??

totalcomfort

List a pair of speakers that you have smoked or blown out. In the early days BK ( before Klipsch) I had mach3's, poor speaker put up with a bunch of abuse. Crappy amps and way to much power. Finally killed them one day with 150 watts and VanHalen panama!!! RIP machs you did your best.

• Like 1

Okay, I know it's not a home theater pair, but back when I was 17, or 18, I had a fourth order push/pull sub box with dual Orion 10" XTR's in my Honda Accord.  I decided to buy an Audiocontrol Epicenter to strengthen/augment the sub input signal.  Those poor subs only lasted awhile longer.  They played great for a few days, until I noticed the output had dropped significantly and there was some weird clanging noise coming from the box.  We took the box apart and found that I had launched both cones right out of the surrounds.  It was a great couple of days though.

• Like 1

I never Fried any speakers (pun intended, wait for it) but I blew the fuses on a regular basis on my Fried Model Q bookshelf speakers.  I had them in the 1980's, my first nice quality speakers bought at a real, live audio store in Morgantown.

bud-fried-3-aperiodic-speakers-sound_1_4

Blew a couple tweeters on my EV Interface D's.  Interestingly, I always felt I abused the LaScalas more than the EV's and the LaScalas are still intact today (38 years later), other than upgrading the crossover, all drivers are 100% original.