Car Thread

burninator

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

That looks spectacular.  What were you going when the photos were taken, picking up a load of seed corn?

Diz,

I will bet you a Dollar against a Donut Hole that those are photos are from a professional shoot location. It looks just like when they shot my buddies car that ended up being cover shots on 3 separate magazine. You wanna talk about pain in the butt, they shot my buddies car for at least 6 hours, NOT fun!

Rog

21 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Diz,

I will bet you a Dollar against a Donut Hole that those are photos are from a professional shoot location. It looks just like when they shot my buddies car that ended up being cover shots on 3 separate magazine. You wanna talk about pain in the butt, they shot my buddies car for at least 6 hours, NOT fun!

Rog

TwistedCrankCammer,

Yes, I purchased it from the builder. If you know Telly then that was the car he built and sold to me. I have a few of my own pictures that were taken by my iPhone 5 and they came out stunning; a testament to how photogenic the car truly was.

• Like 1

This is Woodward Dream Cruise week.  Sitting on my deck, less than a mile from Woodward Ave., I feel like I'm in the staging lanes at a drag strip.

For me, the novelty has worn off after more than 2 decades.  You can't throw a dead cat without hitting a very nice tri-5 Chevy, Mopar, Ford, GTO, 442, etc.

Every gearhead should make this pilgrimage at least once.  You would not be disappointed.
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil....looks like a nice car show. I like how the show cars and on the street are mixed in with the regular cars. 

Anyone in a regular car who accidentally gets on Woodward Ave. on Saturday will be sorry.  The traffic moves very slowly.  The two lanes closest to the curb are technically reserved for "classic" cars, so that people who line Woodward for 10 miles in lawn chairs can be closer to the action.  On a hot day there are a lot of overheated muscle cars.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Anyone in a regular car who accidentally gets on Woodward Ave. on Saturday will be sorry.  The traffic moves very slowly.  The two lanes closest to the curb are technically reserved for "classic" cars, so that people who line Woodward for 10 miles in lawn chairs can be closer to the action.  On a hot day there are a lot of overheated muscle cars.

Diz,

I will be there at the Ford Dealership that John Vermeersch rents every year and sets up for Cammer Cars. Stop on by if you are in the neighborhood!  :)

Rog

• Like 1

Back to the bricks in Flint Mi is an excellent alternative to Woodward. It runs for 5 days (Aug 15-19) during the same time as Woodward.

All of us Buick people get treated extra special in our home town of Flint as well.

But I do agree with DizRotus that everyone should go at least once to Woodward.

Twistedcrsankcammer it would be awesome to see all the cammers in one spot.

Unfortunately I will be chasing the solar eclipse this year and will miss the events.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davis said:

Back to the bricks in Flint Mi is an excellent alternative to Woodward. It runs for 5 days (Aug 15-19) during the same time as Woodward.

All of us Buick people get treated extra special in our home town of Flint as well.

But I do agree with DizRotus that everyone should go at least once to Woodward.

Twistedcrsankcammer it would be awesome to see all the cammers in one spot.

Unfortunately I will be chasing the solar eclipse this year and will miss the events.

Gee, I thought the new Buicks were made in Poland.

JJK

1 hour ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Diz,

I will be there at the Ford Dealership that John Vermeersch rents every year and sets up for Cammer Cars. Stop on by if you are in the neighborhood!  :)

Rog

Thanks for the invite, but on Saturday I'll be in Frankmuth helping a friend.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davis said:

There are no Buicks I care about after the 1987 Grand National.

1960's Buicks are my interest.

My Dad was always a Buick man, still has a LeSabre that retired people are required to drive!

I do remember a 1969 Riviera he had, it was a purple/plum color. It was a distinctive car. He normally had to get the big family style cars because he had 7 children. I wish I had that car today.

I do really like 1960's Rivieras, the 1st and 2nd gen.

I also like how many people think 1963-1978 Rivieras are front wheel drive because the Tornado and late 60's Eldorado was.

Who remembers Buick had a traction control system  named Max Track in 1971??

• Like 1