Weather: They just don't make it like they used to.

JBCODD

C'mon Maaann aren't those AZ Junes a dry heat without all that damn pollen?

We get 105+F with 60% humidity July - September here in the south.

Aren't I tough taking half hour breaks inside when it's mid 90s with about 40%.

Hope you've got shade!

We just gotta deal with what we're dealt. I've always got a gallon of Luzianne and lemons in the fridge in the summer.

Comes down to it, wouldn't trade what I'm used to for an unknown experience.

That heat just makes people lean and mean with grizzly skin. Our building inspector a while back was that way because he spent 3 years in the Superstition Mountains looking for the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. I said that sounds interesting when he told me about it. He also said don't go there because you will have bullets wising past your head for sure. He also said you will get lost 100 yards away from the highway. He also said you can dig for water at the bottom of the North? side of any mountain. Take a shovel and a gun. He said there are some very bad dudes in them hills.

JJK 

• Moderators
12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:
On 6/16/2017 at 7:19 PM, derrickdj1 said:

Talk about muggy, I was in Texarkana once  and would sweat just sitting outside.

Welcome to my world.

The sweat doesn't evaporate either.

Head South about 6-7 hours from Texarkana, in July or Aug, to get to the Gulf coast.

Yep the southeast is awful sometimes with the humidity. Southwest seems to be on the way to hades right now! Around here it's worst in August through September.

Any of y'all ever spent time in Columbia SC in August? That town in a geographical depression is regarded as the hottest place in the Carolina's by folks that have been around a while. The air just gets stagnant in a high pressure system in the summer. 

Thirty years ago in a new glass office building with no hvac hanging then finishing sheetrock from 7a to 7p was the most miserable thing I've ever done in my life. On stilts sanding ceilings and 13' walls all day in a 6 or 8 story enclosed glass oven. The dust reconstituted into mud with our sweat when sanding and we had to slough it off with our knives more than once an hour. Had to actually get a three inch back out when sanding `cause I'd get mud completely covering my arms, face and neck a quarter inch thick! Later we had to scrape all the blobs of mud off the concrete `cause it was slung everywhere.

I was at my fighting weight, strong and about 20 at the time. You all know that when your in good shape you sweat less, stay cooler than if you're porky. That month with the 90 mile trip twice a day did it for me. I fired my boss soon after that, took a week off and went to work somewhere else with my knives at home in the storage room.

• Moderators
On 6/16/2017 at 6:53 PM, JJkizak said:

That heat just makes people lean and mean with grizzly skin.

I seem to have ended up with half of that deal, definitely not lean. :(

• Moderators

I missed the mean part, Ok I only got the skin part, I missed 2 out of 3, wish I could have had some of the lean part.

Even my dermatologist said I see your past your modeling years :o she said don't even go check the mail without sunscreen on !

I try not to be mean, I hate controversy, BUT my wife and family says I am extremely smart azz all the time. 

It was nice meeting you, one of these times I am going to just relax and talk more with everyone, it's the part I miss most when instead of worrying everything is going to go well. A few or three of Carls shaken beverages could make that happen.  

• Moderators

I remember the first one I had the first year you did that, it was my first real martini, can't count the chocolate ones.

You asked me if I was ready, it was kind of early and I had nothing to drink so far that day so I said yes. Well after it was done I had to take a break for a little while, I was a little suprised how I felt. It's different if you already had a couple of drinks but if that's your first it's easy to see why people come back from a martini lunch like they do.  

I was up on the ladder hanging up some banners this year at Rodney's and someone asked if I wanted  a martini, at first I said when I get off the ladder, then after thinking about it a second I say why not. I came down enough to reach it as he passed it up, drank almost half of it and gave it back. I said yes because when I looked down there were like 5-6 people holding the ladder for me, it was the safest I have ever been on a ladder, never had that much help before while on a ladder ever, I think it was a record.

EDIT;  Had to come back and say Thank You Carl, that was a very nice thing for you to do for everyone, and at your own expense. 

I know many people enjoyed them, you could look around at almost any time and see people with a martini glass.