Should we petition for a convention?

WMcD

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright!

I went through the thread again and the current tally (if I did my sums right) is 15 for Indy, 2 eithers and 8 for Hope.

We're getting close to Critical Mass here folks! If you missed the first trip, you will always regret it. I will never forget. Don't miss this one!

We'll do something similar to the last on. Meet for a Social on the evening of the first night to match faces to names. Do a sort of tour and "Plant Trip" the next day (which I'd assume would be a Friday) and Saturday/Saturday Evening see Indy and it's nightlife. Family members and spouses are welcome, but only one came last time. Maybe Indy will be more appealing than Hope for the spousal units. We need the Indy residents on the BBS to watch the events calendars and help us pick a weekend with a good show, or 2 to see. Say Shannon Curfman, Susan Tedeschi, or Double Trouble and Anybody.

John

Looks like Indy is looking good. Again, anytime mid June would be great weather... The Airport is all of 20 min Max away from headquarters... You can get to any place in Indy roughly in 30 min... The "Dave Letterman Expressway" (Inside joke, LOL, Dave promissed to pay Indianapolis 10 million if they called "465" loop around Indianapolis + - 50 mile circle.) It is easy to get around to anyplace you need to go. So great weather, great shopping, great sports to see, and of course... The beautiful Klipsch facilities if were all lucky enough to get a tour.

IndyKlipschFan votes Indy!!

John, keep me informed of your progress. I am very interested in attending. Mid-June or anytime will be a good time for me. I'm looking forward to see everyone again. As you said I have never regretted our trip to Hope. It will always remain a very fond memory. Particularly in meeting Mr. K and Miss Valerie.

Bill J.1.gif

Wiljam,

The numbers of interested parties are looking good. I'll be sure to send out an e-mail for all interested people.

Which brings up that subject. If you want to have another convention, please e-mail me and state your probability of attendance. It looks like this one will be in Indy in June.

John

colt4530@comcast.net

Christ, you MF's are SICK!!

I thought these names you have on the BB were just funny little labels, but I now see they are indicators of a much deeper problem. "In Need Of Therapy" is no longer cute, but scary (though not suprisingly.)

It's bad enough I do this anonymously (kinda), but you want to get together at a convention? FU!

Ever think maybe the Klipsch suits sit around at lunch monitoring the BB, laughing nervously at the monster they created, and wondering if this thing could ever possibly turn on them - knowing these "members" are also customers?

If Paul were alive, and he saw this, he would be thinking about one of his favorite jokes concerning the gent who purchases the chain saw (see posted RS article.)

I see some of the numbers of posts next to your "title," and I KNOW I don't want to achieve that level of "success." Okay, I made it to "Fast Newbie" or whatever the hell it is, and I'm satisfied. To go further is just to draw unwanted attention to yourself from those who may see that as some kinda celebrity status.

And if I did show up at this prospective convention, I would have this continual nervous feeling that I should be ready to hit the floor at any moment. See, I couldn't enjoy myself anyway.

But, you boys and girls go right ahead and get together and talk up the woofers, squawkers,and tweeters, and pull out photos of your cones and drivers and enclosures like there your GD children.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is - one against the convention idea.

Oops! Forgot to put my smileys!

Here's hoping these little "talisman" ward off any serious retaliation. Love you guys!

1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif5.gif6.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif12.gif13.gif14.gif15.gif16.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, reading pgh again, it is difficult to understand exactly what his problem might be. He or she reacts like a member of PETA having been invited to an NRA convention. Perhaps a lame analogy.

Thanks for the post John.

I'd like to keep the topic warm and at the top of the forum.

Perhaps the folks in Indy will give us a heads up on a possible date. Build a field, and they will come. Trey Cannon's Party in 200-Trey?

Gil

Edit: I orginally typed PITA. Now corrected to PETA; People for Ethical Treatment of Animals. PITA stands for something else. I might have been thinking of pgh.

BTW, I recall that a group called People Eating Tasty Animals registered the website name www.peta.com, much to the annoyance of People for Ethical Treatment of Animals. Evidently that was reversed by the legal system.

PGH needs a "real" life. Why go to such a strain to even try and formulate feelings, ideas, and personal thoughts in the form of letters and grammar to communicate with people. What obviously is showing, is his own lack of being able to communicate effectively to the person who is a fan of this incredible speaker company.

He reminds me of a person so lacking in achievement in life, that his only way out of his bad decisions is to bring others down.

Such a shame a good Elementary school education was wasted on people like him.

Thump---Once again you insert foot in mouth. I'm not dissing public colleges but those in Indiana. In case you hadn't noticed The Dome is not a public college. How did you miss that?

You'll never see me dissing Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina, Minnesota, Washington and California. All public schools in case you didn't know.

Forrest---Once again you are in way over your head. As for public schools; I sent both my daughters to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and helped my oldest girl through law school at Wisconsin-Madison.

As for The Dome, that's Notre Dame you blithering idiot, you know like The Golden Dome, which is in INDIANA in case you didn't know and goes back to my original point of insulting Hoosiers, a term which applies to anyone from Indiana and not just IU students. Man, are you stupid.