Should we petition for a convention?

WMcD

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We definately need to start an annual convention.

I think Hope would be great.

I'm completely up for it.

Perhaps, it could be sponsored by Klipsch on the lawn of the Museum?

How about an exclusive tour of all the facilities with an extended stop at their R&D lab?

Topped off with complimentary, individually engraved, custom wall plaques for each of us to take home.

Sigh...

That would be awesome.

But alas, a dream.

I say let's do it.

Hope - mid July - 2003

Be there or be square.

Hope would be the logical location for Klipsch fans to gather. If there was to be a convention at a different site then it should be at a vacation spot like Las Vegas...convention capital USA. Another idea outside of Hope is the have it around a major electronics show like CES although I don't think that is for the public. Last time I went to CES it was packed and not the best time to be in Vegas.

Klipsch could sponsor a users meeting like those done in the computer industry. They could announce products at the show, have guest speakers (from Dolby labs, audio press, Klipsch, etc.), invite dealers and users. There could be a mix of dealer business events (invitation only) and public events. Complementary product vendors could co-sponsor and participate.

How about an exclusive tour of all the facilities with an extended stop at their R&D lab?

Topped off with complimentary, individually engraved, custom wall plaques for each of us to take home.

Sigh...

That would be awesome.

But alas, a dream."

Too Late; That occurred 1 1/2 years ago! It was great! The R&D is now in Indy, too. I don't think the Museum will stay in Hope much longer, either.

John

It must have been a geniune honor to have met PWK.

No R&D?

Already been there, done that?

I was not aware of such things as I am very new to the deep audio scene and even newer to the likes of Klipsch.

Heck, I didn't even know this website existed up until about 4 months ago.

Talk about feeling "out of the loop"

Of course this all depends on our hosts, naturally.

My thought was that they might have the Indy facility up and running and will have some things to "blow their own horn about". My guess is that the Indy facility is better equipped if this turns into a lot of people.

A plus is that ATA Airlines has some very reasonable rates to get to Indy from all over the country.

Gil

Gil is right. Klipsch DOES have some things to blow it's horn about and is interested in including the "Fan Club" (watch for more about that later).

We need to decide where we want to convene. Only Pro Audio R&D is done in Hope, now. The Home stuff is all in Indy. The Hope listening rooms are no longer in use. Sadly, a lot of the museum stuff has been sent to NMSU, so it is not as good as it was. However, Hope is the heart of the company's history and is it's manufacturing center.

I'll Kick it off now by placing my vote for INDY.

Coincidently, we had an article in the Chattanooga paper Sunday describing all of the things to do in Indy. It would be an interesting place to visit. I understand there is a pretty good live music scene, too.

John

Count me in for a 2003 meeting, and hopefully we can get some advance planning done. As for location...I guess I'd lean towards Hope. I enjoyed being down there for the book signing, but didn't get a chance to see the factory or museum, so I'd love to see those, especially the anechoic chamber. But Indy would be cool too. It was a blast getting to meet some of the board members and would like to meet others. But the highlight was getting to sit and visit with Paul and Valerie as well as the authors.

Rob

Indy would be realistic for me.

Southwest flys to Indy, and I have free tickets (don't hit me up, we use them and I can get $$$ for them at the drop of a hat. They sell for ~10% less than SW's most expensive routes) so the flight would be free. I bet hotels are cheap in Indy. However, it would be kinda silly to have a "Klipsch convention" 9.gif , buy hey, thats the idea, right!

Gil/John, thanks for getting this started. I am interested in such trip. My preference would be Indy, however, I would not be opposed to returning to Hope. It would be wonderful to see everyone again and some new faces as well. Keep me posted.

Bill James

Oklahoma City 1.gif