Klipsch KG2 Oak Oil - VT - SOLD

Frzninvt

Need to thin out my collection some so I am selling my 1987 Klipsch KG2's finished in Oak Oil.  They are in excellent condition with only one small flaw on the bottom of one ot them.  All original drivers 8" woofer, Dhorm tweeter and 10" rear drone about 90db/1W efficiency.  These have had light duty serving as rears in my bedroom HT system.  The original carton was lost to a basement flood in 2011 unfortunately so they are for sale local pickup.  I do not have the packing or cartons to properly ship them but would be willing to take them to a pack and ship but you absorb the risk of them arriving damaged.  Asking $125/pr

Klipsch KG2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

They are but I don't have the resources to safely pack them for shipment so they are available locally.  Utah is a long way from Vermont.  As stated I am open to dropping them at a packer and shipper if the buyer pre-arranges it but you absorb the risk of damage.  They really need to be packed in a double-walled carton with solid 1 1/2" Styrofoam on all surfaces with the speakers bubble-wrapped.  They are pretty heavy for their size.

So you know, if your unable to sell

these, I’d be willing to pay for proper packing and shipping, but am unable to arrange that from here.

I would really like to have these lol. I plan on using them as fronts in smallish HT arrangement. 

Craig

I believe the part that is pushed in is just a dust cover and should not effect sound...I predict you will be very pleased with kg2s...these speakers were a design with Paul Klipsch and Gary Gillum (the k and g in the name) so they definitely have the Family sound...good luck with your sale and receipt...

Bill

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ccdowenye said:

SS,

Thanks for the input. I am looking forward to listening to these. If all goes well, maybe I’ll have them by the weekend👍

As nice as my KG 1.5's were, the KG 2 have been more popular here and are a definite step up based on what have read here. Thinking you will like them

quite a lot. Congrats and let us know what you think about the sound please.:emotion-21:

Thanks!

I believe you are correct. I too, really like my 1.5s. I have them set up for HT, primarily, but have several sets and use them for music as well. All in all a great little speaker.

I’m hoping to introduce the KG2s into my HT setup as fronts (replacing KG3.2s that are stacked on my Fortes, thus being too tall) and am confident they will be an improvement.

i will definitely update and offer my opinion when they arrive👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1