Klipsch turntable?

BBZink

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Tpjrs said:

Good Day,

i have found a klipsch affordable turntable on amazon, does it worth it? could i upgrade the ortofon for ortofon red?

regards

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Ject-Klipsch-Turntable-Magnetic-Cartridge/dp/B074ZGRHTY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514777261&sr=8-3&keywords=klipsch+turntable

The Special Edition came with Red so I would think it is compatible. 

http://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch-debut-carbon-walnut-turntable

Sorry for hacking my own thread, but

Anyhow, price goes up on amazon.ca, this is how Canadian amazon work, so i'll guess i continue my search. Amazon Canada if full of overprice product compare to amazon.com. Lately we have mayfair that open in canada, but no pun intended, but they seem they may have more fair price... and to be more acurate price there. Amazon here, work like ebay in the old day, no control on price and manoeuvring to make you pay more than you should.

I bought one recently for 200. It’s a rebranded pro-ject primary. Very clean design, but I’m struggling with isolation. It’s very susceptible to vibration, footfalls, etc.

note, the output cables are fixed and the wow/flutter is very noticeable 

isolate it and get the outboard power power supply to stabilized the rpm 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, Bob_SS said:

I bought one recently for 200. It’s a rebranded pro-ject primary. Very clean design, but I’m struggling with isolation. It’s very susceptible to vibration, footfalls, etc.

note, the output cables are fixed and the wow/flutter is very noticeable 

isolate it and get the outboard power power supply to stabilized the rpm 

What have you done for isolation?

My house was built in 1898 and has some pretty bouncy floors, but I can now do jumping jacks in front of my TT without issue.

My TT lives on top of a 2x2 IKEA Kallax shelf, full of records.  The shelf is sitting on 4 cork/rubber Wagner isolation pads.  

I also added some adhesive 50d sorbothane half spheres to replace the feet of my Kenwood KD-5077.  Then placed the sorbothane feet on top of some Audio Technica AT-604 isolation feet (mainly need these for the height adjustment for my crooked floors).  The AT feet alone were not enough damping for my situation.  

Note: sorbothane allegedly can stain some surfaces... 

It's all made huge differences for footfall and sound quality.  Like I said: 180 lb 6'4" me can do  jumping jacks in front of it without disrupting the play.  

Also running a record weight (helps with footfalls) and a Herbie's mat (definite SQ improvement - especially good for greatly reducing my beloved auto's drive noise).  

Edited by isotopesope
Moar blathering

Project entry level turntables are reputable to be one of the best bang for money, they are usually without flaws, but as in this case there could always be an exception. I suspect that Klipsch also knows that and would not partner with Pro-ject if this would be a bad product.

Hope everything ends up well for you. And I would not so easily reject Pro-ject :) unless you have something else and probably more expensive in your mind already. 

I used to have an xpression mahogany, at $1000, it was perfect.

the debut Carbon gets nothing but good press at $400.

the $200 price point must be an issue for them. 

Problem is my gf loves that it has a klipsch decal on it. Maybe I’ll buy a decal and slap it on a rega planar 3 😉

On 1/12/2018 at 5:25 AM, ricktate said:

You should take a look at U-turn tables.....i thought pro-ject was good but now not so sure.

Dont do it unless you like your stylus riding against one side of groove or the other. No adjustable anti skate. Probably not a issue unless you upgrade your cartridge. You'll need that anti skate adjustment then since your new cartridge will most likely weigh less or more than what came with it. I just bought a Pro Ject Carbon Esprit. Great table. Fully adjustable and with built in speed box.