Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Terry Palmer

2 Channel/amp

Recommended Posts

I've had Forte III's sustaining 110 db easily on bass heavy rap in a large room with a little 45 watt per channel slim line Marantz receiver.  You just don't need much.  I have a Parasound Halo A23 on them now and I'm very happy but that's still more than what they need.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did buy an Amazon Bluetooth external receiver. Seems to work just fine. I do have a guy that’s trading me a Denon DRA397 with phono and sub-out. I have my little Fisher and some recording equipment he wants.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terry Palmer said:


I did buy the Bluetooth adapter. I like it so far.
 

Sweet! Glad you're rockin out. I bought that same bluetooth adapter. Used it for a month before giving it to a friend. Been meaning to pick up another, thanks for the reminder.

That Denon looks good. 80 watts each channel will power your Fortes well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sweet! Glad you're rockin out. I bought that same bluetooth adapter. Used it for a month before giving it to a friend. Been meaning to pick up another, thanks for the reminder.
That Denon looks good. 80 watts each channel will power your Fortes well.

Thanks man!! I read some reviews it seems a lot of people like the DRA-397, it also got good reviews also on its phono pre amp.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few days ago I enjoyed the Forte III at Stereofil in Oslo. They were fed from this tiny little Luxman SQ-N10: http://www.luxman.com/product.php?pid=49

 

A pretty cheap(for a Luxman) integrated tube amp with EL84. China built.

I think it was a wonderful combination. Played 10-15 songs from a Tidal playlist with old and new favorites - and got blown away!

 

Then I ordered a pair of FIII in walnut.

 

My first post btw, but a long time reader.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

Then I ordered a pair of FIII in walnut.

 

My first post btw, but a long time reader.

Might as well start at the top.  Welcome to the forum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, hammershaug said:

A few days ago I enjoyed the Forte III at Stereofil in Oslo. They were fed from this tiny little Luxman SQ-N10: http://www.luxman.com/product.php?pid=49

 

A pretty cheap(for a Luxman) integrated tube amp with EL84. China built.

I think it was a wonderful combination. Played 10-15 songs from a Tidal playlist with old and new favorites - and got blown away!

 

Then I ordered a pair of FIII in walnut.

 

My first post btw, but a long time reader.

Welcome and good choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2018 at 4:54 PM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I've had Forte III's sustaining 110 db easily on bass heavy rap in a large room with a little 45 watt per channel slim line Marantz receiver. 

Rap, there should be some kind of law? :o OK I know your a young dude so we will just look the other way for now. :unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammershaug said:

A few days ago I enjoyed the Forte III at Stereofil in Oslo. They were fed from this tiny little Luxman SQ-N10: http://www.luxman.com/product.php?pid=49

 

A pretty cheap(for a Luxman) integrated tube amp with EL84. China built.

I think it was a wonderful combination. Played 10-15 songs from a Tidal playlist with old and new favorites - and got blown away!

 

Then I ordered a pair of FIII in walnut.

 

My first post btw, but a long time reader.

 

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum!  :emotion-21:  :emotion-19: 

 

So you ordered the Forte III in Walnut, eh?  Nothing like jumping to the front of the line!  :D

 

If you think about it, take some pics when they get there, let us see your setup.  We love living vicariously through others.  B)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. It’s been a long jump, actually. My Klipsch journey started back in 1995 with these:
https://flic.kr/p/yhoMtz

Fast forward to 2015 and my next Klipsch; Heresy III walnut:
Tubes & horns

Will post some pics when I get the Fortes. Maybe in another thread.
4 long weeks. Oh my!

Jan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hammershaug said:

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. It’s been a long jump, actually. My Klipsch journey started back in 1995 with these:
https://flic.kr/p/yhoMtz

Fast forward to 2015 and my next Klipsch; Heresy III walnut:
Tubes & horns

Will post some pics when I get the Fortes. Maybe in another thread.
4 long weeks. Oh my!

Jan

 

 

Great photos on flickr.  Nice equipment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...