Alert Question Pair of Tangent 500 for $500

vasubandu

I know nothing about the Tangent series.  Before the CF-4, but fascinating.  There was a post here in 2010 by a guy who could get some for $150, and @billybob said "Get them, have had them, worth it. No compare with 5.5, different animal which I have."  Don't recognize other commenters, but it was described as "a Heresy II on steroid," "a heresy variety with a passive 12" radiator kind of speaker that are a bit rare," "a step up into what i prefer in a klipsch 3 way in the klipsch heritage series." and "a simple big brother to the kg 5.5."  Never heard the CF-4 described that way.  So what are they, and are they worth $500?

This guy has been trying to sell these off and on again for about a year I think, his price is too high. If they're in top shape I'd say $350 would be a good price. I've actually owned a pair of these about 10 years ago, paid $200 for them IIRC, thought they were decent but the forte's are much nicer overall. The Tangent cabinets are really quite cheap, very thin and a vinyl wrap instead of real wood veneer. 

Excellent tuning & voicing!  Same drivers as Heresy II, horns at ear level, tuned below 40Hz.

Blew away JBL 4430 "Studio Monitors" in a direct A/B with all 3 audiophiles agreeing.

Klipsch should bring these back as a budget black 3-way at $995/pr - they kick A$$!

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, vasubandu said:

I know nothing about the Tangent series.  Before the CF-4, but fascinating.  There was a post here in 2010 by a guy who could get some for $150, and @billybob said "Get them, have had them, worth it. No compare with 5.5, different animal which I have."  Don't recognize other commenters, but it was described as "a Heresy II on steroid," "a heresy variety with a passive 12" radiator kind of speaker that are a bit rare," "a step up into what i prefer in a klipsch 3 way in the klipsch heritage series." and "a simple big brother to the kg 5.5."  Never heard the CF-4 described that way.  So what are they, and are they worth $500?

Stock and in good condition, think very good , maybe $300 tops for a pair. The T-5000 maybe a touch more...maybe. Sold a pair of the T-500(decent) to a forum member awhile back for $200. Needed new grill cloth.