Heresy help...

lerettenick

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

did you see a new pic of the woofers said to be replaced.

Hope not ... CL ad said "better with subwoofer," but no mention of damaged woofers. Got some more pics, but have not been able to upload them yet ... still says 2MB limit ... think there is a "timer" on uploads.

Just now, billybob said:

In the CL advert it says new woofers...

Pics may need resizing with paint program or Windows clippit tool. Downsized...

Looks as if done some work on the Velcro... what do you think about it all?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Have you had phone conversation yet?

No :( It's "Roberto" from Orlando ... some of these guys speak very poor English. And they will lie like hell :( Pics don't look bad ... no problem gambling $300 if you guys think it might be "something."  Just hate the trip to Orlando ... usually takes 4+ hours (for a 120mi roundtrip :( )

2 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

a pic of the woofers from inside the cabinets

Yeah, would be nice :D  But; typical CL seller ... "to much work and I have people standing in line for these" :( 

• Haha 1

I would speak to him in person through an interpreter in English. It is your money...going to be on the side and hope other's can advise.

If you go, at least it looks like an I-4mostly too and from...

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Emile said:

Tx ... no tags ... :(  got some pictures from the seller ... appreciate any comments :) 

Bocina1.jpg

Bocina2.jpg

Look at the top.. With the embossed

Numbers.  There is a r ....

A = 1955-63*           F = 1968       L = 1973       S = 1978

B = 1963-64*           G = 1969      M = 1974      T = 1979

C = 1965                H = 1970      N = 1975      U = 1980

D = 1966                J = 1971       P = 1976       W = 1981

E = 1967                 K = 1972       R = 1977      X = 1982

Y = 1983

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Emile said:

Also looking at a pair in Orlando (about an hour away from me) ... https://orlando.craigslist.org/atq/d/vintage-klipsch-heresy/6582545033.html  ... $300 is pretty cheap ... trying to get more pics to see the condition of the cabinets :D 

I drive an hour each way to work everyday, so I would have been on the road already in route.  That's just me, good luck.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Look at the top.. With the embossed

Numbers.  There is a r ....

Aha ... R=1977 . Seller said he had them since 1976 ... pretty good guess ... guess he got "next year's model" ... Haha

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I drive an hour each way to work everyday,

Jeez :(  Of course "one hour" to Orlando usually takes 2 hours since we have to fight Mickey Mouse traffic :D 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, easily worth $300 and a road trip.  I'd pay $25 to hold until arrival.

Yeah ... gave him $30 via PayPal ... but he is becoming a pain in the azz ... we'll see :D 

• Like 3

:D Big fight with the seller ... thinks I want "more and more info" and says "it is all in the CraigsList post" ... yes, asked a couple of questions since it will take me 4 hours to even look at these speakers :D  Pain in the a** ... will keep you all posted :D 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2