La Scala II's

Deano1974

Hey guys as you are aware I already have an amazing pair of Cornwall III's and love them, but yesterday I was offered a pair of La Scala II's for an absoulute amazing price

So the question is do i buy the La Scala II's

And what differences would I hear

Your thoughts as always are greatly appreciated

Cheers

Deano

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Hey guys as you are aware I already have an amazing pair of Cornwall III's and love them, but yesterday I was offered a pair of La Scala II's for an absoulute amazing price

So the question is do i buy the La Scala II's

Your thoughts as always are greatly appreciated

Cheers

Deano

Klipschorns without a corner. Don’t dig as deep as a KHorn but IMO satisfactorily. If you like DEEP bass which is the fad now you can always add a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Thanks Tony, I more interested in accurate bass, not a fan of boomy bass

Klipschorns without a corner. Don’t dig as deep as a KHorn but IMO satisfactorily. If you like DEEP bass which is the fad now you can always add a sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What's an amazing price if I might ask?

If you decide against it can I have a look at them please?

I consider the La Scala a different class of speaker than the CW... once you begin adding horn loading into the Low Frequencies, the sound fundamentally changes. I can no long live without it.

• Like 3

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

To me I would say much more midrange and less bass, tighter bass but less that than any Cornwall. It's horn loaded bass so it sounds a little different compared to a direct radiator. Me I like horn loaded bass better, the reason our 2 Ch speakers are what they are.

If it's a good price you should buy them, especially if they are at a price you could recover if you did not like them.  

I have Cornwall lll's but would love to have the new LaScalas also but no room, I love the look of the thicker cabinet.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

What's an amazing price if I might ask?
If you decide against it can I have a look at them please?
I consider the La Scala a different class of speaker than the CW... once you begin adding horn loading into the Low Frequencies, the sound fundamentally changes. I can no long live without it.
Hi Schu im in New Zealand so a little difficult for you to see them, and the price I dont want to jinx it at the moment but lets just say its well worth it

• Like 1

To me I would say much more midrange and less bass, tighter bass but less that than any Cornwall. 

If it's a good price you should buy them, especially if they are at a price you could recover if you did not like them.  

I have Cornwall lll's but would love to have the new LaScalas also but no room, I love the look of the thicker cabinet.

I could definitely recover from it, so im happy to pull the trigger, will speak to the dealer today and hopefully will have good news to post in the forum today

• Like 1

Good luck
A dealer, did someone trade them in or just a great price on something in stock.

Either way is fine, there built to last, they will outlast all of us.
The Dealer bought them in and never sold them and wants to shift them before he orders new stock

He has had them on demo but very very few hours on them

Klipsch speakers here in NZ have a not so good reputation of being bright and this tarnishes the brand

So people tend to stay away from them, also the price here for LS IIs is around 15k

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, dtel said:

Good luck

A dealer, did someone trade them in or just a great price on something in stock.

Either way is fine, they're built to last, they will outlast all of us.

Most of us will survive a good soaking in water, but MDF doesn't fare as well...just saying....:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's about 10K here.

43 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

47 minutes ago, Emile said:

Holy cow ... crating my set up for transport  :D 

Emille will be over-thinking now for the next two weeks...  He's prolly on the way to Home Depot in an old beater pick-up in search of a deal on plywood for shipping crates!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

on the way to Home Depot in an old beater pick-up in search of a deal on plywood for shipping crates!

Haha ... have "no clue" why I'm "el-cheapo" now  Yes; like "bargains," but everytime I buy a $500 speaker, my wife gets herself a $1000 purse :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Would you be better off getting original La Scalas shipped to you at a fraction of the price and having room to spare on some premium parts in a new crossover?  I've never heard the LSII and don't know much about the newer crossover(i assume that's the only difference other than aesthetics/thicker MDF? and i guess fresh diaphragms?), but i owned 2 pairs of LSi splits and that k43 woofer added a very meaty sounding mid bass that i loved, just not as low reaching as the standard k33. Overall the bass was tight and accurate.  Instantly recognizable after listening to direct radiators(in my case Chorus II's).  In the end, i needed cash and sold both pairs and kept the Chorus II for overall balance and size, but i regret not keeping 1 pair.  While ugly for home use, the LSi split makes it easy to move to Jubescala in the future either with a K402 on top or a K510 in the top bin motorboard cut out.  You can always have it professionally veneered in the future.  Just a thought.  
If you can afford it though, hard to pass up on the LSII beautiful veneers and the split top with grill-VERY SEXY.

• Like 1