La Scala II's

Deano1974

Would you be better off getting original La Scalas shipped to you at a fraction of the price and having room to spare on some premium parts in a new crossover?  I've never heard the LSII and don't know much about the newer crossover(i assume that's the only difference other than aesthetics/thicker MDF? and i guess fresh diaphragms?), but i owned 2 pairs of LSi splits and that k43 woofer added a very meaty sounding mid bass that i loved, just not as low reaching as the standard k33. Overall the bass was tight and accurate.  Instantly recognizable after listening to direct radiators(in my case Chorus II's).  In the end, i needed cash and sold both pairs and kept the Chorus II for overall balance and size, but i regret not keeping 1 pair.  While ugly for home use, the LSi split makes it easy to move to Jubescala in the future either with a K402 on top or a K510 in the top bin motorboard cut out.  You can always have it professionally veneered in the future.  Just a thought.  
If you can afford it though, hard to pass up on the LSII beautiful veneers and the split top with grill-VERY SEXY.
Thanks for the advice, if I can get the LS II's for the price im negotiating then in all honesty i couldnt buy an old pair and ship for the any less

The deal is that good, im hoping to cloze this deal today [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

I can get the LS II's for the price im negotiating then in all honesty i couldnt buy an old pair and ship for the any less

Sounds great ... get them and let us know (OK; let us "drool.")

BTW ... love New Zealand ... awesome country ... of course I'm biased being from Holland :D 

• Like 2

Sounds great ... get them and let us know (OK; let us "drool.")

BTW ... love New Zealand ... awesome country ... of course I'm biased being from Holland [emoji3] 

Yes it is, great country and amazing people

Holland has great people too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

La Scala IIs should be clearer than Cornwalls in the midrange, and have tighter bass as far down as it goes --- but the Cornwalls will dig lower, and have good bass that is "Good enough for Rock 'n Roll."

Best solution:  La Scala II and a BIG horn loaded subwoofer!  With Ausyssey XT or, better yet, Audyssey XT32.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

What's CVS as im not American lol

It's our Pharmacy giant that is taking over the Health Care world over here, buying up companies....there's one on every corner, almost as bad as Starbucks.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Klipsch speakers here in NZ have a not so good reputation of being bright and this tarnishes the brand

They take careful placement. 

My Klipschorns and center Belle benefited appreciably from using Audyssey -- but they were great without it, as well.

Good recordings are a must.  Klipsch will reveal shortcomings in bad recordings. 

There are people in America who say Klipsch are too bright, too, but they are often people with limited experience with Klipsch, perhaps dealers who don't carry the brand.

La Scala II got a very favorable review in Stereophile a few years ago.

• Like 1

They take careful placement. 

My Klipschorns and center Belle benefited appreciably from using Audyssey -- but they were great without it, as well.

Good recordings are a must.  Klipsch will reveal shortcomings in bad recordings. 

There are people in America who say Klipsch are too bright, too, but they are often people with limited experience with Klipsch, perhaps dealers who don't carry the brand.

La Scala II got a very favorable review in Stereophile a few years ago.

Live music is bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Congratulations... prepare yourself for audio bliss.
You need to feed these speakers a quality signal otherwise they may shock you with harshness.
Yep same signal that feeds my CW III's [emoji4]

Nope lol, I just bought them on you and the guys recomendations as I did with the CW IIIs [emoji4]

Congratulations, I hope you love them.

I don't remember, did you ever get to hear them at the dealer ?

• Moderators

They will sound different than the Cornwalls, really hope you like them. We would hate to steer you toward something your not happy with, but we think it's a safe bet.

know nothing about this hobby in New Zealand, are subs popular ? Some people like them, some would never use them, just wondering.

• Like 1