La Scala II's

Deano1974

Yeah subs are popular i used to have twin SVS SB1000 with my 2 channel setup before

no problem I have reserched the LSII very well and wont be disappointed [emoji4]

They will sound different than the Cornwalls, really hope you like them. We would hate to steer you toward something your not happy with, but we think it's a safe bet.

know nothing about this hobby in New Zealand, are subs popular ? Some people like them, some would never use them, just wondering.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Horns are honky.  It's all over the internet so it's gotta be true.

You know we need pictures... :emotion-21:
Cant give ya pictures until they arrive hopefully on Mon or Tuesday [emoji4]

But below is my CWIII'sf03f8f32bb6d97d2fa0e66232c89460b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

Horns are honky.  It's all over the internet so it's gotta be true.

You know we need pictures... :emotion-21:

LOL 

I know you're joking.

Geese honk.  Automobile horns honk (or beep).  The horns of seals and clowns honk.  As far as I can tell, speakers don't, not really.  Or if they do, it is a case of inelegant onomatopoeia Somebody latched onto this honky thing and it went viral long before there was viral, i.e., in about 1982, when a sales guy in the shadow of the TransAmerica pyramid told me that horns were honky, and when pressed into juice, told me he had never heard a horn loudspeaker.   I have heard distortion from -- or through -- every kind of loudspeaker, but I never have heard anything that could be described as a honk.  I like horny loudspeakers.  Sometimes the truly bad ones sound harsh (the Magnavox mid/high horns in my mother's c.1970 console phonograph/TV).  I'd love to hear the best configuration of the Klipsch Jubilee, based on its reputation, but I've had Klipschorns since 1982, and haven't heard them honk, even once.

The very first speaker I heard described as "honky" was a non-horn.  Consumer's Reports committed this travesty, while at the same time recommending a muddy sounding acoustic suspension speaker.  The victim was an innocent little Wharfdale extended range speaker I heard in the house of a friend who had conducted an extensive listening tour, found he favored British speakers (being an Anglophile Audiophile), and lovingly installed it in his living room.  CU said it honked.  It didn't.  He did a slow burn about 10 years long.

• Haha 1

On 6/28/2018 at 5:31 PM, jimjimbo said:

Well, I'm drinking a Washington, and lighting up a Californian.....so there.

I'm drinking an Apocalypse IPA, and lighting up a...Oh, I don't do that no more. Sorry, I got caught up in the hoopla...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Deano1974 said:
1 hour ago, Schu said:
near field for the LSii... be prepared to be blown away.

Yeah im so excited and i know the LSII are going to blow me away emoji4.png

A little to much on the gain and they surely will. :D

12 minutes ago, Speed said:
On 6/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, jimjimbo said:

Well, I'm drinking a Washington, and lighting up a Californian.....so there.

I'm drinking an Apocalypse IPA, and lighting up a...Oh, I don't do that no more. Sorry, I got caught up in the hoopla...

That's funny, I almost commented the other day when this was going on but thought I would preserve my innocent reputation.  :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, dtel said:

I would preserve my innocent reputation.  :blush:

With your avatar, I thought that was a given ?

I have to admit my High School years, were a lot like when Jeff Spicoli fell out of the VW  bus in a cloud of smoke in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Good times...:cool:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

But below is my CWIII'sf03f8f32bb6d97d2fa0e66232c89460b.jpg

First of all, congrats on the LS II's!  I've only seen 4 or 5 on the used market, so however you got them, you did good.  :)

Something for you to consider:  You have obviously put a lot of thought and invested some money in room treatment.  I see you have an audio rack between your speakers. 

Three days ago Paul McGowen of PS Audio made the point there should be nothing between the speakers due to unwanted reflections.  I saw another video recently backing up the same idea but I can't find remember where I saw that one.

Take a look at Paul's vid, see what you think.

• Like 1

First of all, congrats on the LS II's!  I've only seen 4 or 5 on the used market, so however you got them, you did good.  [emoji4]

Something for you to consider:  You have obviously put a lot of thought and invested some money in room treatment.  I see you have an audio rack between your speakers. 

Three days ago Paul McGowen of PS Audio makes the point there should be nothing between the speakers due to unwanted reflections.  I saw another video recently backing up the same idea but I can't find remember where I saw that one.

Take a look at Paul's vid, see what you think.

I have actully moved it now that picture was about a month ago and yes the improvement with imaging is amazing

[emoji4]

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

Its now here behind my listening position79ef2e6b9ba88fe6b92283bcd7afb8c7.jpg

Thanks for the updated pic.  I'm looking forward to the La Scala pic in your updated listening space.  I know it was a lot of work to move all that stuff and all those wires!

I'm looking forward to your La Scala II review.

• Like 2

Thanks for the updated pic.  I'm looking forward to the La Scala pic in your updated listening space.  I know it was a lot of work to move all that stuff and all those wires!

I'm looking forward to your La Scala II review.
Thanks and yeah took a while to move it but well worth it, and cant wait for the LS IIs

Now I have bought them the wait is driving me nuts and its only been a day lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Deano1974 said:

Now I have bought them the wait is driving me nuts and its only been a day lol

I truly feel your pain Deano...  I bought a new tube amp today soooooo waiting and drooling alot!  We'll make it mate!  Maybe!!!  😎  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1