Turn wrenches ? Value on Snap-On ?

joessportster

11 minutes ago, HDBRbuilder said:

I have a number of sets of polished Craftsman wrenches...some of which were made at that plant in Fort Smith.  Craftsman historically made the heavier "pebble-grained" wrenches, which was their most popular line due to the lower cost of them...I have Craftsman stuff from the 1940's, 1950's, 1960's, 1970's, and newer, to include aluminum-bodied "skill-saws", hand drills, etc., and wrenches, bench-woodworking tools...lots of Craftsman stuff.  My Dad loved that stuff and was buying it even before WWII came along.  Lucky for me that his bench planer/joiner with odd-sized (no longer available thru Sears for decades!) knives was kept by me, because I worked in a millwork place after I got back from the desert in 2007, cutting knives for the wooden mouldings we made and made up a bunch of knives for it while there...so now it is fully-capable of doing its job again....gotta love that golden finish on that old piece of equipment, too...and its vintage logo just like this one. 

vintage Craftsman logo.jpg

Nice

Coytee you have a PM

Craftsman tools, when there was a reason to go to Sears. They were decent tools for the money. No more, unfortunately. Snap On rules, when I was wrenching nothing else came close.  The truck came by every week to sell tools, and so us mechanics could pay our weekly bill...

I've turned wrenches...

IMHO

SnapOn make very nice tools ... and they are very proud of them, too.  For everyday use. I don't think you need to spend the extra $$$ .  If you need a special tool AND are going to need it for more than one use ... absolutely spend the money.

We used to tease about SnapOn being jewelery for mechanics

not to mention how good it feels to drop your $20 wrench into a machine where you may not get it back.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 4:21 AM, Davis said:

I have the Craftsman Professional polished wrenches.

Me too. I have the jumbo set 1"-1 1/2. They are right perty. When a friend wants to borrow them, I only loan them the cheap ones. lol.