How Will You Celebrate Columbus Day

derrickdj1

Once again we celebrate a holiday that most people don't really care about, Columbus Day.  I put 3 ships in the front yard, a jug of Rum and a sign with, welcome to the West Indies.

I'm sorry, just I assumed the Columbus Day sale meant I could walk in and take anything I wanted...

Add a Columbus Day joke if you have any.😂🤗🥂

• Haha 2

I had a meeting this morning with DCS (Dept of Child Services).  They had some new-hires and I was to go over their pension/401K plan for them.  It was next door to the bank I used to work at so I was going to go visit some old pals at the bank.

Until I realized the bank was closed.  (I somewhat miss those days with the extra days off)

But....that was mitigated in that I showed up for this orientation meeting at 9:00 A.M. and left about 10:00 A.M. ...and was done for the day.

That was nice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

The Pumpkinator comes out next Monday.

Yes, The Great Pumpkin is our next holiday.  I will stay tuned to what Charlie Brown is tweeting, lol.

Charliebrown Thanksgiving GIF - Charliebrown Thanksgiving Lucy GIFs

What does this have to do with Columbus Day?  It's just cool to do!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, babadono said:

mmmmmmmmm...

The stuff is awesome.  Normally the stores sell out of it within a week.  I think the regular Pumpkinator is about 10% ABV but this year they're coming out with a second additional version that's aged in bourbon barrels and will come in at about 12.6% ABV.  Can't wait to try it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

That's pretty old for beer.  I must say that is a very magnanimous offer.

It seems to keep fairly well.  It's stored in the dark and in the AC.  Maybe I'll have one tonight to be sure they're still good.;)

• Like 1