World Series 2018 - Dodgers/Red Sox

wvu80

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's why I started the thread.

I figured you got all your current sports news from the Klipsch forums.  :emotion-21:  🤓

WVU vs Baylor tonight on Fox Sports1, 7p.  'Jest saying.  B)

There's a few college games on tonight and Friday night. It seems like there's more weekday games lately. Is it a move to get more viewers?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

You may be right. The Sox sure are a scoring machine.

I saw a game earlier in the season where my local team the Pirates (I'm from West Virginia, we have to rent our pro teams from other states) played the Dodgers at their place.  The Pirates have good pitching and they were playing particularly well at that time but holy cow it seemed like the Dodgers hit a home run every other at bat!  They crushed the Pirates and it wasn't even close.

Dodgers are in a must-win situation at home and I think they need both games or it's over.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I saw a game earlier in the season where my local team the Pirates (I'm from West Virginia, we have to rent our pro teams from other states) played the Dodgers at their place.  The Pirates have good pitching and they were playing particularly well at that time but holy cow it seemed like the Dodgers hit a home run every other at bat!  They crushed the Pirates and it wasn't even close.

Dodgers are in a must-win situation at home and I think they need both games or it's over.

The Dodgers, and the Astros are home run scoring teams. The Sox don't rely on the home run as much. They sure score a lot with 2 outs.

Game 3 was one of the best games that I've ever seen.  Well, my team, the D's came out on top.  Absolutely awesome!!  7 hours and 20 minutes.  2 games in one.  Wow.  Single HR in the bottom to take it.  Even if they loose the series I will never forget this game.

• Like 1

It's 6 am here on the east coast and I'm up for Saturday morning racquetball, I didn't know until just now who won.  I didn't make it past the 11th inning and I certainly didn't stay up until 330 am to watch the whole thing!

At least I got to watch a little bit of history.

• Like 1

I went to bed at the beginning of the bottom of the15th, after setting the next 4 hours to record.  This morning I watched Max Muncy hit his walk-off homer.

Is t just me?  Each time I hear “Max Muncy,” I’m reminded of Max Mercy, Robert Duvall’s character in The Natural, one of my favorite movies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

The Sox are blowing this game wide open in the last few innings. I can't believe how many runs they score with two outs....I don't think LA can score 5 runs in the 9th to tie it.

I forgot about the WS.  I run two TV's so I could have put it on. 

I was watching the end of the Texas/OK State game.  It was very exciting to the end and the Longhorns just made too many boneheaded mistakes in the fourth quarter to make it a comeback.