JohnJ

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

I always wondered why they stopped making them...  NOW I've FINALLY found the culprit!  BTW, hand me another Heinken will ya please?

:laugh: yea that would match a 714 any day, but how would you consume all that?

• Haha 1

Winding down, long few days here.

This came out back when I was having a rough time staying alive. It's easy going, he's got a nice voice, some good tunes and a lot more recordings but I've got this one and it gave me strength more than once.

IMG-20181219-214351.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That's an antique Mike! :blink:

I question its efficacy.

How in the heck do you have that since more than 30 years ago.

Figured you were a wild-a$$ back then if you were still sportin' a mohawk recently!

Back in the early to mid 80's.   

The local pharmacies .. Where dumping them.... The where all over the streets.... Like bags of them i could of filled a 20 gal bag...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Literally??

Good God:ohmy: that is insane!

They were $3.00 each back then when lemmon quit making them. You could have gotten wealthy with the proper connections.

This is pretty heavy, these guys loved to rock

Nicklebag:

IMG-20181220-173521.jpg

If you're basically a rocker, the rest of this LP is even better including one they played on FM (after dark of course).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Funny how those lude's hit the street...  Someplace was selling the Lemmon copy press so ppl started cutting them and selling knock-offs everywhere.  Parke-Davis came along and had the same thing out in caps.  Was fun to watch it all roll down-hill...  Next shot was the "bar ***** u ate" chased w/alcohol.  Course the barbs were always the choice of those who wanted the downers!  hahaha  Next mornng throw the speed down and go... Repeat!   Soooo many great ones gone as a result...  

• Sad 1

For my hurricanes that are downgraded to a thunderstorm yet another year. Again several very good players, several very hard working young guys, a couple of future stars, Andre Svechnikov will be a superstar.  

Got one that I noticed was missing from my LPs after not having a working turntable for a long time.

One of the better tunes on it is titled "Everything Is Broken" yep that is this heartburned fan's disposition of my team yet again.

Late 80s Dylan - NM - M made in Japan: 

IMG-20181220-190937.jpg

The disc is Mint, this is one of those releases that it's hard to find the videos for but I found one that's indicative of this release.

Plop Plop, Fizz Fizz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got to open a small box with my brother and kids here today for first Christmas for them!

The only KISS record I ever had I've got again:

IMG-20181224-163807.jpg

Of course all the music I listened to back then was about four things.... well three plus cars!

• Like 1

Another that I still have on LP but it's seen too many parties and won't get put under the moving coil.

This one's arranged differently also including songs that were left out of the well known original. That isn't noted on the cover, but this version is different. Textured/embossed sleeve similar to LPs of yesteryear, another Japanese pressing for my playlist.

Led Zep's contribution to the Midnight Movie Scene here in the early 80s!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2

It’s the only CD I own Of this band but when I first heard them - I had to chase down a CD or record 

Finaly found a CD used as it was no longer in print at the time 

This is seriously good music - you need to search the band history and listen to the music 

Band - Failure 

CD - Fantastic Planet

post-112724-0-86136500-1394775201_thumb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That is an excellent LP @dirtmudd. It showed how tight they were and Mark's abilities, wasn't it their first?

Since my musical tastes vary I've had that on a long time too, and when the raucous get togethers happened it didn't get played so it survived!!

Yes it's there first outing on vinyl...

when released...

which I never bought.... But time marches on... Then I rediscovered it

In 2000 on cd....

and it blew me away !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Full Range said:

It’s the only CD I own Of this band but when I first heard them - I had to chase down a CD or record 

This is seriously good music - you need to search the band history and listen to the music 

Band - Failure 

CD - Fantastic Planet

post-112724-0-86136500-1394775201_thumb.

Try finding that on vinyl....

you have to dig deep in your pockets.. And first communion funds...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Full Range said:

Ten minutes in right now and it sounds like the 90s alright! That's not a bad thing to me. 

Lived within a very good alt station's WKRO "Daytona's Crow" range that was unrelenting in playing slightly off from the norm.

So much in fact that it became the norm within a couple of years. WDIZ our rock station picked up some of their playlist, Ron & Ron's station in Tampa stuck with the Soundgarden!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1