Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
joessportster

When does "X" become an addiction ?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yup, carried over from last month.   I'm approaching a month now, but I've been craving a little not gonna lie haha. 

Good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

As in Dry January?  If so, good luck!  I got a sister in law and son in law to join me.  We've been texting each other regularly.

 

9 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yup, carried over from last month.   I'm approaching a month now, but I've been craving a little not gonna lie haha. 

 

=== although I drink very little as a salute to the both of you I’ve decided to drink like a fiend until my birthday in early Feb - 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, richieb said:

 

 

=== although I drink very little as a salute to the both of you I’ve decided to drink like a fiend until my birthday in early Feb - 

No problem.  You probably don't have many birthdays left so enjoy them while you can.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No problem.  You probably don't have many birthdays left so enjoy them while you can.

Ouch.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

As in Dry January?  If so, good luck!  I got a sister in law and son in law to join me.  We've been texting each other regularly.

I joined you as well, but it's a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I joined you as well, but it's a secret.

Noice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

No problem.  You probably don't have many birthdays left so enjoy them while you can.

Bada bing bada boom......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When does "X" become an addiction?

 

Can you stop taking it? Perhaps you are addicted if you can't stop? Pain medication has its place to resolve acute problems. I'd be the first one to demand a shot of morphine if I was suffering a severed limb or some other similar trauma. But what about long term pain? Perhaps you should be asking why you have chronic pain? Maybe you could eliminate what's causing the pain and not have to take the pain killer?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

No problem.  You probably don't have many birthdays left so enjoy them while you can.

 

=== well, that’s a bit harsh. I didn’t think you went on stage until 1 am, when no one cared —

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, richieb said:

 

=== well, that’s a bit harsh. I didn’t think you went on stage until 1 am, when no one cared —

Sorry.  I'll go easy on you next time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CECAA850 said:

Sorry.  I'll go easy on you next time. 

 

=== no worries. After years in this place if one hasnt developed thick skin - move on — 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, richieb said:

 

=== no worries. After years in this place if one hasnt developed thick skin - move on — 

I only pick on my friends or at least those that I consider friends. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I only pick on my friends or at least those that I consider friends. 

 

+++++ !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Yup, carried over from last month.   I'm approaching a month now, but I've been craving a little not gonna lie haha. 

So how would categorize the craving ?  is that considered a start to addiction ?  Honestly curious not pointing fingers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, DMH said:

When does "X" become an addiction?

 

Can you stop taking it? Perhaps you are addicted if you can't stop? Pain medication has its place to resolve acute problems. I'd be the first one to demand a shot of morphine if I was suffering a severed limb or some other similar trauma. But what about long term pain? Perhaps you should be asking why you have chronic pain? Maybe you could eliminate what's causing the pain and not have to take the pain killer?

I know full well whats causing my pain, 3 bad discs after a work injury, Dr performed fusion on 1 disc which now puts more pressure on the already bad disc below, add to that 3 bad cervical discs and 2 of those fused, Radiating pain from both in the arms, chest, legs feet. Along with all the normal injuries associated with 30+ years of heavy Labor (the working kind not the pregnant kind) IE Knees, Shoulders, and Elbows Joint Pain. The only options to Pain Killers is either  an injection that works approx 50% of the time and is a temporary solution (90 days give or take) that basically numbs the pain and can make it very hard to tell if you are injuring yourself more, or surgery that insurance fights like hell to avoid and since 1 diagnosis I have states

( Failed Back Surgery Syndrome ) I am also reluctant to have more surgery in an area that it has already failed. Add to all that Diabetes which makes healing even harder especially if you are like me and over 50..................I also have violent Tremors you should see me hold pretty much anything in my left hand. So my options are limited, All that said I like to be in the know and if I were developing an addiction changes would be made. even if it meant suffering more.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, joessportster said:

So how would categorize the craving ?  is that considered a start to addiction ?  Honestly curious not pointing fingers 

In the past, I was Def addicted to Marijuana and engaged in it daily for an extended period of time (many years) .   The "craving" I suppose I experience now is more social, usually with friends and or to unwind from a stressful day at work now and again (at least thats what I tell myself).   I'm sure there's a degree of addiction there and I'm not ashamed of it.   I lead a fully functional life, have never ruined any relationships as a result, have been employed since I've been 16 and like to think the work I do currently makes a solid difference...   There I said it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I know full well whats causing my pain, 3 bad discs after a work injury, Dr performed fusion on 1 disc which now puts more pressure on the already bad disc below, add to that 3 bad cervical discs and 2 of those fused, Radiating pain from both in the arms, chest, legs feet. Along with all the normal injuries associated with 30+ years of heavy Labor (the working kind not the pregnant kind) IE Knees, Shoulders, and Elbows Joint Pain. The only options to Pain Killers is either  an injection that works approx 50% of the time and is a temporary solution (90 days give or take) that basically numbs the pain and can make it very hard to tell if you are injuring yourself more, or surgery that insurance fights like hell to avoid and since 1 diagnosis I have states

( Failed Back Surgery Syndrome ) I am also reluctant to have more surgery in an area that it has already failed. Add to all that Diabetes which makes healing even harder especially if you are like me and over 50..................I also have violent Tremors you should see me hold pretty much anything in my left hand. So my options are limited, All that said I like to be in the know and if I were developing an addiction changes would be made. even if it meant suffering more.

Try some CBD oil my friend.   Don't know where you are located, my coworker has a VERY SIMILAR story to you and was VERY anti Marijuana anything.   I refrained from discussing my experience with him but many others insisted, he bit and in the 5 years I've known him, has never considered surgery, although "he has his bad days". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I know full well whats causing my pain, 3 bad discs after a work injury, Dr performed fusion on 1 disc which now puts more pressure on the already bad disc below, add to that 3 bad cervical discs and 2 of those fused, Radiating pain from both in the arms, chest, legs feet. Along with all the normal injuries associated with 30+ years of heavy Labor (the working kind not the pregnant kind) IE Knees, Shoulders, and Elbows Joint Pain. The only options to Pain Killers is either  an injection that works approx 50% of the time and is a temporary solution (90 days give or take) that basically numbs the pain and can make it very hard to tell if you are injuring yourself more, or surgery that insurance fights like hell to avoid and since 1 diagnosis I have states

( Failed Back Surgery Syndrome ) I am also reluctant to have more surgery in an area that it has already failed. Add to all that Diabetes which makes healing even harder especially if you are like me and over 50..................I also have violent Tremors you should see me hold pretty much anything in my left hand. So my options are limited, All that said I like to be in the know and if I were developing an addiction changes would be made. even if it meant suffering more.

I understand and you are absolutely correct on avoiding another surgery to repair the surgery because you will end up needing another surgery and the process will repeat until the entire spine is fused, then you might as well give up. You are fortunate in that you are only taking a minimal dose. Many (the vast majority) back surgery patients end up severely addicted and a premature expiration date. There are solutions to your problem if you are willing to abandon medical doctors. I have a deformity (misshapen from birth) in my sacrum that I found out about when I was 17 years old. It causes a similar problem as yours in my lumbar spine. I've never had surgery nor have I ever taken pain killers. I do require regular treatments to reposition/re-align the lumbar vertebrae or I end up being in so much pain that I can't walk.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If CBD is not an option to you, or you are unwilling, turmeric in smoothies and or an excwrsie ball/inversion table may be your best friends.    I truly feel for you and hope you find a solution to your issue (at least a healthy way to deal with it).   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

If CBD is not an option to you, or you are unwilling, turmeric in smoothies and or an excwrsie ball/inversion table may be your best friends.    I truly feel for you and hope you find a solution to your issue (at least a healthy way to deal with it).   

Joe's situation is a very severe problem that requires extremely specialized care. Simply using an exercise ball or inversion table won't do it. I believe in this video Dr. Bergman explains what can be done to help assist the body to heal after botched surgeries:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWlGszPkAhY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...