Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Shiva

CF3's in Minnesota, Nice Price Too.

Recommended Posts

A couple of us have been in contact.  I was supposed to head over today but he just told me he can't meet now.  I fear I've lost them to someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn nice find and great deal for a minty pair hopefully someone here gets them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked them up tonight!  Now I just need someone to help me get them out of the truck...

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congrats!  those look very nice.  can you post some pics of the ports or measure how deep they are?  curious what version they are based on the serial #?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

Picked them up tonight!  Now I just need someone to help me get them out of the truck...

 

Congrats, mighty fine speakers you got there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

Picked them up tonight!  Now I just need someone to help me get them out of the truck...

Way to go Shaun, 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

congrats!  those look very nice.  can you post some pics of the ports or measure how deep they are?  curious what version they are based on the serial #?

The ports are 2.5" deep.  I'm not up on the versions but I believe these are v3 according to @mimalmo who looked at them yesterday.

 

17 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

 

Congrats, mighty fine speakers you got there!

Thank you, I'm excited to get them set up :).  I had CF2's for years, sold them in 2016 but I regret it.  These will more than make up for that.

 

17 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Way to go Shaun, 👍 

Thanks!  These are keepers for sure :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cool.  based on the serial # i saw in the ad they are v3.  just curious on the port size since i coundt really tell in the pics.  ive said many times before to not get too hung up on the version... all versions of these epics are excellent sounding speakers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fed them after midnight and ended up with 2 more:gremlins3.thumb.jpg.4937f1103bb7e179b1a0fc9e145ae51a.jpg:gremlins2.thumb.jpg.ee541458671eed6dfe873ec42bfb1842.jpggremlins1.thumb.jpg.cb3ea2efb4402eaa8eca5202cc27edba.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, Shaun K said:

The ports are 2.5" deep.  I'm not up on the versions but I believe these are v3 according to @mimalmo who looked at them yesterday.

If you look up at the wires and see clear ones they are v2. Colored ones are v3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shaun K said:

I fed them after midnight and ended up with 2 more::gremlins2.thumb.jpg.ee541458671eed6dfe873ec42bfb1842.jpg

 

Hah, did you even get to dial-in the black CF3 before the Oak ones showed up?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope, I've only had them downstairs for a couple days now.  I think the whole room is shifting 90 degrees anyway, so it will be a while before I get anything dialed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa,  that is an Epic spread of speakers.  I like the natural wood pair behind the Epics, nice!    What is the plan for the 4 CF3's ?.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Whoa,  that is an Epic spread of speakers.  I like the natural wood pair behind the Epics, nice!    What is the plan for the 4 CF3's ?.

Hah, I see what you did there :P

 

My current plan is to use the black CF3's as my mains, and either a single oak CF3 as a center or both of them as rears (in which case I'd use the KLF-C7 as the center).  My concern with using them in the rear is that the couches will block a good chunk of the output due to the MTM layout.

 

I'm probably better off using the C7 as the center and those KG4.5's for the rears.  That gives me an excuse to use the oak CF3's in my office :D

 

Oh and the speakers behind them are the Chorus I's from @Matthews.  I need to find a place for those too, but I haven't even finished unpacking so that might be a while.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would experiment with using an Epic for center channel duty, whether upright or on its side. Yeah, a 100 pound center, a killer front 3, I think.  👍 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see those Chorus again! I will be interested to hear your take on them compared to the CF3s. Shocked to see that the 3's are actually larger than the Chorus (knew the 4s were)!

Hope they aren't getting squeezed out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, Shiva said:

I would experiment with using an Epic for center channel duty, whether upright or on its side. Yeah, a 100 pound center, a killer front 3, I think.  👍 

I'm all for experimenting with that, but it does mean I'll have to reconfigure the cabinet setup for my gear.  time for some plywood and threaded rod!

 

20 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Good to see those Chorus again! I will be interested to hear your take on them compared to the CF3s. Shocked to see that the 3's are actually larger than the Chorus (knew the 4s were)!

Hope they aren't getting squeezed out!

Mookie!  Good to see you back here.  The Chorus are still alive and well, I was using them every day until about a week ago, but only with a sub as they don't move a whole lot of air on their own.  As far as my impressions, well I think the Chorus just aren't quite up to snuff when compared to these.  To be fair, Epic CF-2's were my first Klipsch speakers, bought them in 2013 and I still miss them but these CF-3's are even better.  I know I'm probably biased here, but the Epics outshine the Chorus in almost every way.  I still love the Chorus but they may end up getting squeezed out soon unless I can find a way to make them sound better :( 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Shaun K said:

 

 

Mookie!  Good to see you back here.  The Chorus are still alive and well, I was using them every day until about a week ago, but only with a sub as they don't move a whole lot of air on their own.  As far as my impressions, well I think the Chorus just aren't quite up to snuff when compared to these.  To be fair, Epic CF-2's were my first Klipsch speakers, bought them in 2013 and I still miss them but these CF-3's are even better.  I know I'm probably biased here, but the Epics outshine the Chorus in almost every way.  I still love the Chorus but they may end up getting squeezed out soon unless I can find a way to make them sound better :( 

Never heard the Chorus describe as bass shy, but you do need to put some serious watts behind them to get them to really shine. I only heard those for a couple minutes, so never really got to know them, they did sound good though. Updates are available for the tweeter diaphragm and the x-over could use an upgrade it you want them to "sound better". BUT if you have a certain sound that does it for you with the CF series, go for it. It only matter what sounds good to you.

For me that sound it the LaScalas (or Belles). They just have the sound I love.

What ever you do, good luck and enjoy.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...