Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
Fido

My 2 Channel Setup

Recommended Posts

Seafoam...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice setup. be careful of all that sun hitting the left speaker day in and day out. the sun can reak havoc on a speaker finish. destroyed my brothers KG4's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kman said:

nice setup. be careful of all that sun hitting the left speaker day in and day out. the sun can reak havoc on a speaker finish. destroyed my brothers KG4's. 

The sun was only directly on that speaker for a few minutes but I will take a closer look to try and protect it during early morning sun - they were my Dad's Forte 1s and I changed to the Crites crossovers and titanium diaphragms along with replacing the grills with the beautiful cane to tie into our living room theme. I listen to music throughout the day - almost every day and  the one thing Klipsche does is make you feel involved with the music. It is such a fun passion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Fido   Your MCM console is gorgeous and almost looks like it matches your Forte's.  Where did you source your Cane grill material from?   Have some Heresy's that need grills, would love to see a close up of that material if possible.  Thanks

Edited by ThomasD.
added comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh brother. Another tube amp sitting on a subwoofer. People never learn.......😯

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

@Fido   Your MCM console is gorgeous and almost looks like it matches your Forte's.  Where did you source your Cane grill material from?   Have some Heresy's that need grills, would love to see a close up of that material if possible.  Thanks

I bought the cane from a rattan shop in LA and they installed it on some extra grill frames I bought on ebay

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Oh brother. Another tube amp sitting on a subwoofer. People never learn.......😯

I actually have my MA252 on these iso acoustic vibration feet and I cant feel vibration thru the Integrated amp - at least no more than the vibration in my living room just from the music playing loud

IMG_0254 copy copy.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice setup. Love the grills, and am glad to see some vinyl spinning going on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinmi said:

Nice setup. Love the grills, and am glad to see some vinyl spinning going on!

yes - I have a large collection of Vinyl - about 300 plus albums - love spinning my records on my Dual 1229 and sounds AMAZING thru the MA252and speaker setup -- mind blowing analog feel

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I actually have my MA252 on these iso acoustic vibration feet and I cant feel vibration thru the Integrated amp - at least no more than the vibration in my living room just from the music playing loud
1309336062_IMG_0254copycopy.jpg.d11c756e2a2b582381f8e308599e4ea4.jpg

I wouldn't do it. Needs to go on an isolated shelf. Nice setup.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, baron167 said:


I wouldn't do it. Needs to go on an isolated shelf. Nice setup.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought of building an isolated shelf before i got the Iso Acoustics - if I'm wrong I guess I'll be replacing the tubes on the MA252 sooner rather than later - Only time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice setup.

Just my two cents. I 'd put the McIntosh on the center wooden cabinet and make it the centerpiece/showpiece of the whole setup. I'd put the turntable next to it. Better stability for both like that too. Mount the tv set a bit higher on the wall.

 

What is the wooden box (speaker?) on top of the left Forte?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my setup. I'm a beginner, obviously. No high-end gear.

The amp I use now is the 3.5 Watt TubeCube 7 combined with the RP160M. (The smaller, hybrid amp next to it was there for comparison/testing, and has now migrated to another room.)

  • Klipsch RP160M speakers
  • TubeCube 7 | Tube upgrade: Sovtek 12AX7-LPS (longplates) and Sovtek EL84M

  • Pro-Ject Essential III - George Harrison special edition + phono-stage

  • a switch (4 in, one out)
  • a Amazon Fire 7 for streaming (cable-connected to the switch)
  • a brandless cd/dvd player (it also has usb-in and a cardreader)

setup.JPG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ILI said:

This is my setup. I'm a beginner, obviously. No high-end gear.

The amp I use now is the 3.5 Watt TubeCube 7 combined with the RP160M. (The smaller, hybrid amp next to it was there for comparison/testing, and has now migrated to another room.)

  • Klipsch RP160M speakers
  • TubeCube 7 | Tube upgrade: Sovtek 12AX7-LPS (longplates) and Sovtek EL84M

  • Pro-Ject Essential III - George Harrison special edition + phono-stage

  • a switch (4 in, one out)
  • a Amazon Fire 7 for streaming (cable-connected to the switch)
  • a brandless cd/dvd player (it also has usb-in and a cardreader)

setup.JPG

 

Very nice beginner setup. Everyone starts somewhere and it looks like you are definitely headed in the right direction. Enjoy!

 

Shakey

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fido said:

I thought of building an isolated shelf before i got the Iso Acoustics - if I'm wrong I guess I'll be replacing the tubes on the MA252 sooner rather than later - Only time will tell

With my luck, I'd be cranking the volume and not notice my sub walking across the floor and my amp walking to the edge and falling off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ILI said:

Nice setup.

Just my two cents. I 'd put the McIntosh on the center wooden cabinet and make it the centerpiece/showpiece of the whole setup. I'd put the turntable next to it. Better stability for both like that too. Mount the tv set a bit higher on the wall.

 

What is the wooden box (speaker?) on top of the left Forte?

the wooden box is an old fashioned Color Organ I got when I was a teen - I like visual and audio art forms - so equipment has to look cool and sound good and visually stimulate as mush as the audio does

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ILI said:

This is my setup. I'm a beginner, obviously. No high-end gear.

The amp I use now is the 3.5 Watt TubeCube 7 combined with the RP160M. (The smaller, hybrid amp next to it was there for comparison/testing, and has now migrated to another room.)

  • Klipsch RP160M speakers
  • TubeCube 7 | Tube upgrade: Sovtek 12AX7-LPS (longplates) and Sovtek EL84M

  • Pro-Ject Essential III - George Harrison special edition + phono-stage

  • a switch (4 in, one out)
  • a Amazon Fire 7 for streaming (cable-connected to the switch)
  • a brandless cd/dvd player (it also has usb-in and a cardreader)

setup.JPG

looks like a very nice setup and awesome to have fun with the hobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the wooden box is an old fashioned Color Organ I got when I was a teen - I like visual and audio art forms - so equipment has to look cool and sound good and visually stimulate as mush as the audio does
Wise of you to have kept it.

A while ago I had to empty my parents' home when my dad passed away. I left behind my Dual amp and turntable and speakers from the time I was a student. I actually forgot it was still on their attic. They also had kept an old Philips furniture with tube amp, radio and pick-up. All in a beautiful vintage style.
I would eat my shoe if I could turn back time and load them in my minivan and bring them home... I actually left them behind consciously for the buyer of the house as a 'treat'. Soon after I saw the Philips furniture at a local action site. When the bidding got to 300 euro's, I stopped following because it broke my heart... Not so much for the money, but for the emotional value.
Like I said, it was very wise ti keep your stuff....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 5047U met Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ILI said:

Wise of you to have kept it.

A while ago I had to empty my parents' home when my dad passed away. I left behind my Dual amp and turntable and speakers from the time I was a student. I actually forgot it was still on their attic. They also had kept an old Philips furniture with tube amp, radio and pick-up. All in a beautiful vintage style.
I would eat my shoe if I could turn back time and load them in my minivan and bring them home... I actually left them behind consciously for the buyer of the house as a 'treat'. Soon after I saw the Philips furniture at a local action site. When the bidding got to 300 euro's, I stopped following because it broke my heart... Not so much for the money, but for the emotional value.
Like I said, it was very wise ti keep your stuff....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn 5047U met Tapatalk
 

My original dual 1229 broke down years ago but when i wanted to listen to records I realized I had thrown it out because I didn't know it could have been fixed -- had to find one on EBAy and have it refurbished - I still have a lot of vintage gear that I don't think is worth fixing - lol - I love the memories of the gear but there is a lot of nice stuff out there today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...