R-115SW sub for CF-3's?

Emile

Just now, Emile said:

Haha ... just got it to give my CF-3's a little more oomph (220wpc) :D 

Do you have the sub yet?  If so, see if there is continuity between the 2 inputs at the center of the jacks.  There will be at the outer but I'm curious about the inner.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Do you have the sub yet? 

No :(   BUT ... big BUT ...  OK; I AM AN IDIOT :D  

Just posted above pic ... shows R  AND L/LFE inputs :)  ... thought it had a "single" in AND a LFE in thereby creating my dilemma of getting a summed signal to the "single" in.

Big THANKS and APOLOGIES to everyone that was trying to help me.  I will be PUNISHED :D  

If anyone is looking for these subs, @MetropolisLakeOutfitters has B-stock with free shipping on eBay for $399. Prob cheaper if you buy it from him straight :) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Emile said:

yes ... before anyone comments ... haha; RED is for Right, WHITE is Left ... how incredibly stupid can one be? 

I should have looked at a picture of the sub.  I thought there was only one input originally.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I should have looked at a picture of the sub.  I thought there was only one input originally.

Most pics of the plate amp are too small to show detail ... so that gave me my dumb error.  Again my apologies :D 

3 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

still need a  dongle for speaker out to line, unless I can use the headphone out. I have a tape out... but

Yes; think the speaker-to-line converter is the best way to go for you.  Did not see too many positive reviews of using headphone or tape outs :( 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

glad you solved your problem. I still need a  dongle for speaker out to line, unless I can use the headphone out. I have a tape out... but

Not sure if you have a sub or going to get a sub but some come with high level (speaker wire) inputs.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Not sure if you have a sub or going to get a sub but some come with high level (speaker wire) inputs.

Don't have one [for the LS] yet.  Looking at options. A sub with high level inputs would simplify things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

It'll look like this.

image.thumb.png.7a2c2d45065b7e7648f14a94ad5c2882.png

yep

that's pretty much the arrangement on my junk sub.  It has speaker outs also. It is OK with the R15M [10in @125W].... Need a little more arse to keep up with the LS.

19 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Guess I don't need a sub w/my LS...  Too tough to wire...  Just two days and your wife will be home Emile.  She'll handle it for ya...  😂 😂  😎 

me too

... for the time being. It's not a NEED. Just a want.  Wife said I need a hobby. HaHaHa

• Haha 2

Yeah ... got a call from the seller :D  He is delivering it tomorrow ... yes; I am spoiled ... paying extra for delivery :D  

If it does not do too much (i.e. adding to my CF-3's) you guys can pick it up for $250 :)  Supposedly brand new; only used 3 times :D 

15 hours ago, WillyBob said:

yep

that's pretty much the arrangement on my junk sub.  It has speaker outs also. It is OK with the R15M [10in @125W].... Need a little more arse to keep up with the LS.

15 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Guess I don't need a sub w/my LS...  Too tough to wire...  Just two days and your wife will be home Emile.  She'll handle it for ya...  😂 😂  😎 

me too

... for the time being. It's not a NEED. Just a want.  Wife said I need a hobby. HaHaHa

Once you use a sub with your Lascalas you won't want to listen to them without one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1