Pepper variety?

Marvel

Thank you... we will probably just leave them as ornaments. They are doing better than most of the other plants this year. 🙄

On another subject, this is our fifth year at this location, and have had a spindly group of crepe myrtles in the front. They have only had about ten blooms, but this year are quite full. All of them all over town are heavy with blossoms this year. Kinda nice... the wife had wanted to just cut them down, but she is beginning to see they might be good to have.

Well, the crepe myrtles are probably 15-20 years old...

The peppers came from a filipina friend, could be Thai (hats off to Jimbo). Another filipina friend was over here today and it looked like locusts going through kansas. She was excited to get them. There are more starting to turn, so we will get plenty.

Certainly not PeterPeppers

Seems that the Thai peppers  I have seen were along the line of Serrano looks. Long/skinny. . Agree on them being edible, unless you are put off by heat.

by the by

my chile piquin [bird pepper] came up again. It's a volunteer. Came up a few years ago. 3 things get it. Grasshoppers, spider mites and cold. Mites aren't a problem outdoors.  Tepins grow wild in the hill around town

Yep

This plant goes dormant and comes back. I'm always surprised. I never water it. It does catch runoff from the roof and is in a protected area. Shaded from the sun most of the day.  If you want some seeds, let me know. They will produce indoors. With sufficient vibration [here's your excuse to get loud] they self pollinate.

Not sure about your weather.... We get enough cold to grow apples. But [this is a biggie], it never freezes for long periods of time. 4 or 5 hours at a time. Long enough and cold enough to freeze exposed pipes. Thawed by 10AM...