Chorus II serial numbers 12 off from each other, is that normal or just not really sequential?

alkemyst

Yes not sequence but close.

Some are stickler about it, others not so much 

Usually affecting the match of veneer.

Is the veneer patterns between the two of the speakers close?

Welcome...

Read the rear of speaker labels and give readout CH2...WO...etc.

Oh, they are Black.  

9 hours ago, alkemyst said:

They look matching and both have #19 grill cloth which I am finding out is a brown/cigar type of color and not black.

I sent you info in your other thread that 19 is Duracrest Black.  It is not brown/cigar, unless it is faded   Not sure why you would state the above.

22 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I sent you info in your other thread that 19 is Duracrest Black.  It is not brown/cigar, unless it is faded   Not sure why you would state the above.

someone else had told me 19 wasn't black since 17 was.  They weren't sure the color 19 would be. 

22 hours ago, geoff. said:

It means the person you got them from had SIX pairs of Chorus 2’s...!

...only in Florida...

Lol yeah, my dad got them locally in 'by the beach' S. Florida from an estate sale along with the Academy and a couple of mint Herseys.

My original Klipsch journey started when my first marriage went south.  I had a system of:

Rotel RSP960 (surround processor and preamp)

Rotel RB980 (120x2 amp)

Rotel RB956 (100x3 amp)
Rotel RT940 Tuner
Definitive Technologies BP20's
Definitive Technologies BP10's
Definitive Technologies CLR1000

Mitsubishi U560 VCR

Marantaz CC65SE 6 disc

Mitsubishi 35405 35" Corian Topped TV

A divorce prompted a fire sale.  I was at the same place I bought all the gear from looking at the used items when a young guy came in looking to trade in a couple Oiled Oak Quartets, Academy, PSB 300's, a Yamaha RX-V1050 and some other odds and ends from a system he had in a GUEST bedroom.  He was picking up a turntable setup that was something like $2k for just the stylus or tonearm...  I have to admit when I came home I wasn't unhappy with the lesser set up and I still have it going.

In my search for another academy (I sold my original one when I moved to a small apartment and had no room) I found a guy in Miami that had 10 or so Academy's, and several of the big Klipsch (Cornwalls and KHorns)...another mansion.

23 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

What advice are you looking for?  Keep them?  Sell them?  ?

Keep.  I am not crazy about the brownish color, but I am going to try to clean them first and then I will order new cloth if that doesnt work out.

I wanted to share this as it may help out someone in the future. I purchased a pair of KG 5.5 from an older woman approx 4 months ago. They appeared to be gently used over the years. One of the grills had a stain on the lower portion of the grill like someone had puked on it. Maybe her large dog who was present when I went to her residence. The grills were mint other than one of em stained by puke. No fabric pulls, magnets worked fine.

So first I very gently brushed it and vacuumed it, and that released maybe a third of the stain. Then I gently washed it with warm water and dish detergent mixture in my driveway, then let it dry in the sun. Didn't get all of it out so I repeated the process a second time.

Still had ~ 30% of the stain there after. So I thought about it for a few days. Then I came up with the idea to spray it with some flat black paint I had in the garage. Aerosol spray can, like to paint a barbecue grill. Rustoleum High Heat flat black -- just went look at the can in my garage.

Anyways, my plan was to lightly fog the region of the puke stain. So that is what I did on a bright sunny day. Going slowly on the application, just enough to camoflage or cover the stain.

The end result was spectacular. You could not even tell the stain was there after drying. I sold the KG 5.5 pair a few weeks later to a guy out of New Orleans and made a few dollars in the process. He had no clue of the previous stain or my paint application. The color match was near perfect, and I did not paint the entire grill, just the lower 1/3 perhaps, no more. A light light fog to cover the stain. Feathering the paint application going upwards to blend in.