YouTube Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

You're talking my language @Mikekid.

Still remember where I was and what I was doing the first time I heard that Billy Thorpe Anthem!

Just came across this classic vinyl at a thrift store in Very Good condition.   We’re on a RV vacation right now…can’t wait to listen to it through the Forte IIs 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Molly Tuttle and Tommy Emmanuel did a tour together in the UK, and stopped in a Guitarist Magazine.  They talked about their styles and picked some. Sheeeeesh, my phone almost catches on fire when the play.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Marvel Molly's hittinn the short North in Cbus in a couple weeks.  The show's GA so that ain't happening.  Limited parking in the area too soooo  pfffffft.  Really would like to see her but I'm not fightin a bunch os OSU students .  Nope!  lol

Naturally she's hangin around w/that Aussie who bends not only the strings but also the neck of that flat top.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mikekid  my youngest daughter now has that T that Ted's wearing in the video along with a couple others from his tours I had.  I will say the silk screeners always did a stellar job on his t's.  Have his book here somewhere.  He gave me one then signed if for me in a PINK sharpie being a smart a$$ laffin the entire time.  Have to dig it up and I'll  post a pic for ya.  He's such a funny boy!  lolol  Sorry @JohnJ forgot to show ya everything when you were here.  Just stuff and I just thought of that.  Felt like I was a kid at show and tell the way it was.  😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No worries bud!

Gyros:happy:

Your 70s Superstar MEGA-HIT LPs with personal stuff written by them on it was enough of a cardio workout for me!

Darn GREAT Gyros:happy: 

Meat enough for three in those poo wittle pitas!

Love those gals & their homemade Tzatziki sauce! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow! It's been so long since I've heard that I forgot it existed until just now. And where did it exist? At my cousin's country club swimming pool! Of course I played Foghat's Slow Ride and Fool for the City out of the very same jukebox

• Like 1

Sub?

Who needs a sub with six inch tubes in the ports of your KP-301s... and these Go Low! Not sure if they can do soft and sweet like the Heritage can. More furniture will help only so much. Oh and the pillows need rearranging

• Haha 2

On 4/6/2024 at 10:43 AM, Swanny88 said:

Just came across this classic vinyl at a thrift store in Very Good condition.   We’re on a RV vacation right now…can’t wait to listen to it through the Forte IIs 

We do through ChorusII's. You'll love this!🤝 Good find!

• Like 4

BTW, @JohnJ NOW I know why you asked if I had any Dom Martin while you were here.  Won't be long and I WILL have!  :)

Ok, @Mikekid here's the story on Nugent.  Dug the book out and thought of our friendship's begining.  I was a kid up in Grayling, Michigan, which at that time, was home to one of the world's greatest archers Fred Bear.  It was home to the Bear bow company.  When he passed they built a museum with a lot of his favorite "kills" displayed. 

It was like 3 bucks to get in and it was built next to a ski area just outside of Grayling.  I was in there just nosin killin time because my grandfather and dad were bow hunters.  Place was just about empty.  This dude came in with his buddy so the convo started jokin around about this 5-mile long python he killed somewhere w/this tiny lil bow and arrow, which was about the size of a quarter.  You didn't even see it at first cause it was mounted and wrapped up top of the outside wall of the place.  

Crazy schiit right?  So we started laffin and wound up leaving at the same time.  So he wanted to go sit on a bench, have a beer and smoke at this vacant ski lodge.  So off we go and finally swapped names.  He had the long hair down to his shoulders and said he played guitar in a band close to Detroit and loved archery so they drove up. 

Ok, so we started swappin stories and laffin.  A few years later there was this Ted Nugent guy on the radio?  Yup, it was him so I did a show of his somewhere and waited after to see if he remembered the tour.  lol  That started it.  Friends ever since.  I've seen him tons of times since and he always remembers and laffs when he sees me down front just as I do lookin up there shakin my head.

Years later he was actually playin a county fair about 40 miles away so I made a road trip.  Yup, gave me the book and signed it in pink even though he had a black sharpie layin there.  He said I'd look good in pink and he only used that color for friends.  hahaha  I'm not wearin PINK for anyone including him is EXACTLY what I told him.  lol  He prolly used the pink for the hot chicks he's not foolin me.  :)

The added stuff was inside the book.  No clue who Lili Hayden is or was but she may have opened for him.  Don't really remember.  Just stuff and memories at my age.  lol  Think OLD and not dead yet!  Thinking about it now, I never did read the book.  Maybe this summer for a good laff.  :)

Check out his NYE parties sometime if ya wanna hoot.  I did one w/another couple back in the day.  Always him and an unannounced guest.  The year I went up it was Sammy Hagar, which was off the charts I thought.  So Ted comes out and actually shot a flaming arrow the entire length of the Palace in Auburn Hills the home of the Detroit Pistons til they tore it down.  The entire section up top in the rear right corner from the stage was open w/a figure of Janet Reno showing under the spotlights as his target.  Nuts?  INSANE in a FULL venue?  He lit her up brother!  Crowd reaction?  OFF THE CHARTS!  Insurance ppl could breathe a sigh of relief.  I've seen some crazy schiit on stage but that one's right up there.  Nope, never saw Ozzy w/the bat or non-bat.  lol  I told 'em all he was gonna nail it when we all saw what he was doing.  NEVER a doubt in my mind!   Afterall, it IS TED NUGENT! 

I actually think that might have been the last NYE bash there or maybe the following year was.  Dunno anymore.  That was enough!  lol 

image.png

image.png

This stuff was inside.  Who knows?  lol  I've got stuff everywhere.  lol

AP1GczNlVh6e2mckPU-KrdhvywjB6ixUyGSY8qVD4WCh1Grj-K88Gw_IE8-r5qKGBvZxF0KU20zMEgyP6VfRlF63NFvaolIoR9NG5WXC9CcZi_AVjVP-Ph_nbdA2hRvJuNLDPKfNQcp0GEvsUkr4pLsUiEKs7cB2Yw-yJXNeZNmER3W-YxNDCamMJzxmWeW_f9j1v6nUHg2HH9OBEKhzYZ3iNiqq1ymVyJsdsY2YPHH1Rm1L5r__Ul3wIcb46cpMzhgbmyQcithrxcVlSOJgmfVFaXd03mH6xklUIALv0BYb4qfyCXJRz9fgzQIxmuYOQEX2ic5yWD-2EOvu410tzZ1SHP6kveZEv0UOhmjLdsIEYZOiu94IIjf1Jqj3FNVhdgLWmFai9X4MNEnGrg118HPwppG_c5DJwAh6Zr1Mkd1-OSA6qnnzzMFB6Q3cMGrevdBSPR1UmTsQely6s3F1klWlFBzPr_0v9Oep-YoY4mntZi7KbE0znLn8h26cDnJGG0PbqOXBftbGDi2S-HhcjsvHaSrqABJK4kOaVU1CQUgNgkH1b7tUorjyXsBigNgmPnk9_i-9GAjSue3O3vQv26q2R_21smUhKaDR7LgYL5eeDYfyPlpAeuUugdpLPbItbtuxNocMkzGt5_SsfgUmFfhyTfqK2Ap_3oByDe4oV2LuaNWGJgQQLHAratXEjjsxjKJN3U72bgT8TvsUBEoOg6-r8tn9XZIioXWDAW5tAZ7PGNfNN_UWjceyqu6wCN0b1DdasRJnQYkb4opkUq8Ebo6U6dj7s2ILhrNw7EQZxbXoAKSQrMUs9PQKMc9nRZFrAhRzxDmcKLurXJaoEbCCfgsyUegCiixcUbeOrXSiaU5mBww2iwl7pdTO05FEbqCKqco7u38xGuABb9dwnRv77MZv6MmW8o88=w744-h558-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Yuppers Cleveland's HOME of ROCK & ROLL.  Today a different format but back in the day?  People wonder WHY the Rock Hall is in Cleveland?  That's ANOTHER sotry and a half.  Whoever came in things were done the right way.  Glad to say I was a part of it too.  These guys in here had heard stories but it's just been my life.  Simple!  Now I'm wondering how much I could get outta those two stickers...  $50?  $100?  They are un-obtanium anymore.  :)  

Lili Hayden & Nugent?  Maybe.  It's outta the box for sure but a county fair?  A bucks a buck I guess.  

😂   💪   :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

BTW, @JohnJ NOW I know why you asked if I had any Dom Martin while you were here.  Won't be long and I WILL have!  :)

Used to really dig Ted's tunes, still Dig`em, on my vinyl!

You'll have to order from the UK his small label only ships from there, Discogs can't even do this guy's catalog. Catch the new one here now, but the other one ^^ is better... my 2 cents!

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

my 2 cents!

Ur two cents just cost me 103$ tyvm!  I bought both.  Grrrrrrrrrr!  32 for shipping?  Better be here tomorrow!  Double Grrrrrrr!  I used to like you!   😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

He said I'd look good in pink and he only used that color for friends.  hahaha  I'm not wearin PINK for anyone including him is EXACTLY what I told him.  lol  He prolly used the pink for the hot chicks he's not foolin me.  :)

One of my subcontractors gave me a pink shirt. I will send you a photo on PM 🤘

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had to go into town today, and these guys have been in the ride since before the trip Monday.

Bluegrass breaking all the rules? Bluegrass tweaked to progressive? Bluegrass on Steroids?

It's an enjoyable listen to break through the rainy days!

• Like 3