YouTube Spinning

Full Range

Lake Street Dive got their name from playing in seedy Dive bars on Lake Street in Minneapolis, MN.

I had thought it was an oblique reference to LSD, the hallucinogenic drug, but apparently not so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marvel said:

Lake Street Dive got their name from playing in seedy Dive bars on Lake Street in in Minneapolis, MN.

I had thought it was an oblique reference to LSD, the hallucinogenic drug, but apparently not so.

‘Well I know about that as well but we are talking mid 60s time frame for that LSD 

‘As a mechanical engineer I have a pure mind 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha!  :)

Thanks for joggin me @Full Range How he slipped thru the cracks back in 1905 I'll never know but it know it was his lyrics.  Way outta the box for the 60's but today sooo spot on!  Crazy good lp's.  Ya earned ur keep Buckeye!  😂

• Like 2

Nuttin like trying to adjust to a new med the Doc turned me on to.  Today's version of black beauties imo.  Jardiance.  Averaging 5 hours a nite of sleep if that and sittin starin into a screen absolutely worthless for the rest of the time.  Nope, not a side affect "they" say.  Told the Doc and he just stared at me.  No response.

Put an eyeball on dem gams boys!  @dirtmudd there's Nipper's replacement fo sure!  Wonder if she does Jardiance?  Lawdy!   Nuttin like sittin here wide awake lookin like an armadillo/possummmmm starin into a sea of headlights @ 330AM listenin to Snowy kill it.  😂

Gonna hit the sheets and check my eyelids for holes.  ;)  WAIT just had an appropriate flashback!  

Here's a lol do nuttin moosic 1:41:30 for ya  @JohnJ  Get that second mugga and fire up some bkfast!  :)

I'm out!  Maybe.    :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This past week we had a visitor where I work. I got to meet Eddie Tuduri, a drummer. I think maybe one of the most humble people I have ever met. He started a program using rhythm to help people with injuries, on the spectrum, tons of things.

He had snapped his neck when body surfing many years ago, and getting his body to move again helped tremendously in his healing.

Oh, need to add that he's played with Delaney Bramlett, Bobby Whitlock, The Beach Boys, Dobie Gray, Del Shannon, Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band, Dr. John, Ike Turner, “Boxer,” Ronnie Hawkins, The Down Child Blues Band, “Chilliwack,” The Five Man Electric Band, Brenda Russell, Wha-Koo, Bill Champlin, Marianne Faithful, Martha Reeves, John Stewart, Steve Perry, Kenny Neal, Tata Vega, Ronnie Laws, Englebert Humperdinck, Dwight Yoakum, Johnny Rivers, Freddy Fender and Charlie Rich, Michael McDonald, Jimmy Messina and JD Souther to name a few.  

I don't have a video to share, just thanks to someone with a big heart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@billybob that's outta the shoe box for sure.  Been forever but ur sneaky like that.  Then there's @JohnJ right behind ya?  :)

@Marvel I can honestly remember that happening.  EVERYone had said he was done and I never heard anymore after that.  That would be an ultra cool moment for sure.  Now I guess I know.  Thanks for that.  Somewhere in Southern Cali maybe?  Can't remember.  Maybe down in there close to Mexico.  Not thinking it was Hunington beach but maybe.  I know I heard that mentioned but I was more focused on what happened to him. It was just crazy trying to figure out how it could have happened.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

I can honestly remember that happening.  EVERYone had said he was done and I never heard anymore after that.  That would be an ultra cool moment for sure.  Now I guess I know.

I've got an article saved as a pdf that I'll post. I think it was Carpiteria Beach, not too far from Santa Barbara. The accident was in 1997, the article is from 1999.

• Thanks 2

Well, I'm just that snarky guy...

Truth be told, we're starting to lose more and more great artists from so many genres. 

• Like 2