Jump to content

Trying to price speaker set


Ash0628
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

You will need to post photos of them and general location to get a reasonable idea of what the value might be.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

 

Typical LaScala range of that vintage is $750-1500 depending on condition. 

 

So, tens of thousands...of pesos. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is Brandon Ashleys husband. All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts. I dont want to rip anyone off that's not my intention at all. I will get some more pictures to post and go from there. I will appreciate anyone's respectful comments.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum! You will not find more respectful people, or knowledge  or honesty of all Klipsch speakers which are many.

Some pictures of the crossovers when you get a chance along with your other ones.

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts

 

you  should  pictures of the rear of the speakers , and more so , with  the paper tags or the embossed serial numbers , these will show when these speakers were made and the crossovers revisions and the  midrange driver -tweeters  will show up as well as they visible in the rear of the cabinet ,

 

-  from what I can see these can be 1978-79  or later  Lascala's-----they are 1 piece cabinets  -------the grille was added to the front of the cab with what could be a dealer installed option -

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

This is Brandon Ashleys husband. All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts.

 

 

Wow, that's about ten times what a typical crossover costs.

 

Even so, with that vintage you're looking at $1,500-2,000 at the very top end.

 

Just go on eBay and look at completed listings that have actually sold.  The most expensive pair went for $2,000 and the least expensive pair went for $750.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I wonder what @wvu80 has tracked for that vintage, and how many?

 

I've tracked about 100 confirmed sales of LS's with Type AA crossovers.  La Scala's in Good condition average $1205 and in Avg/poor condition $918. 

 

I used to own 1978 La Scala's which I purchased 5 years ago for $600.  The upgraded Crites A/4500 crossovers cost $200.  They sound really good but they are not the best in the Klipsch line, there are still two or three that are better IMO.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.ae8af2c23ee2c2a6b0d991c51d6c32d4.JPG

 

Here is the spreadsheet (attached below) prices are based on.  All Klipsch owners are welcome to download it , do their own research and draw their own conclusions on price.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

 

 

 

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

 

I've tracked about 100 confirmed sales of LS's with Type AA crossovers.  La Scala's in Good condition average $1205 and in Avg/poor condition $918. 

 

I used to own 1978 La Scala's which I purchased 5 years ago for $600.  The upgraded Crites A/4500 crossovers cost $200.  They sound really good but they are not the best in the Klipsch line, there are still two or three that are better IMO.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.ae8af2c23ee2c2a6b0d991c51d6c32d4.JPG

 

 

 

 

DAVE   -----WOW -----you bought these speakers for 600$ ------beautiful ---pristine  ,------what was the selling price , just curious 1500$

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RANDYH said:

DAVE   -----WOW -----you bought these speakers for 600$ ------beautiful ---pristine  ,------what was the selling price , just curious 1500$

 

Right on the mark, sold for $1500.  I took $100 off for gas money because the Buyer came from 5 hours away to pick them up.

 

Sold due to low WAF.  😥

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

 

Right on the mark, sold for $1500.  I took $100 off for gas money because the Buyer came from 5 hours away to pick them up.

 

Sold due to low WAF.  😥

they were absolutely mint , may I say ---

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

- what is your location - State-City -better pictures would help a lot -----make sure to take pictures of all the sides of the 2 speakers  ----top-sides -front-rear -----and they must show the serial number  tag or the embossed serial number in the wood if the tags are missing ------the tags will determine the age to match up with the current parts -

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

Klipsch still makes the La Scala, the current retail price is $12,000. But 40 year old cars don't sell for current retail, neither do 40 year old speakers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RANDYH said:

we haven't heard of mustang guy in months -----

 

He has a warehousing business that is going gangbusters so he has been busy with that.

 

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

 

He has a warehousing business that is going gangbusters so he has been busy with that.

 

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

Very, very sorry to hear that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...