Trying to price speaker set

Ash0628

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

You will need to post photos of them and general location to get a reasonable idea of what the value might be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

Typical LaScala range of that vintage is $750-1500 depending on condition. 

So, tens of thousands...of pesos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is Brandon Ashleys husband. All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts. I dont want to rip anyone off that's not my intention at all. I will get some more pictures to post and go from there. I will appreciate anyone's respectful comments.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! You will not find more respectful people, or knowledge  or honesty of all Klipsch speakers which are many.

Some pictures of the crossovers when you get a chance along with your other ones.

Thanks!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts

you  should  pictures of the rear of the speakers , and more so , with  the paper tags or the embossed serial numbers , these will show when these speakers were made and the crossovers revisions and the  midrange driver -tweeters  will show up as well as they visible in the rear of the cabinet ,

-  from what I can see these can be 1978-79  or later  Lascala's-----they are 1 piece cabinets  -------the grille was added to the front of the cab with what could be a dealer installed option -

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ash0628 said:

This is Brandon Ashleys husband. All the info and research that I've done and when we purchased them is more than we are asking for them. The crossovers we replaced were $2,100 they have been rebuilt with all original parts.

Wow, that's about ten times what a typical crossover costs.

Even so, with that vintage you're looking at $1,500-2,000 at the very top end.

Just go on eBay and look at completed listings that have actually sold.  The most expensive pair went for $2,000 and the least expensive pair went for $750.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

I wonder what @wvu80 has tracked for that vintage, and how many?

I've tracked about 100 confirmed sales of LS's with Type AA crossovers.  La Scala's in Good condition average $1205 and in Avg/poor condition $918. 

I used to own 1978 La Scala's which I purchased 5 years ago for $600.  The upgraded Crites A/4500 crossovers cost $200.  They sound really good but they are not the best in the Klipsch line, there are still two or three that are better IMO.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.ae8af2c23ee2c2a6b0d991c51d6c32d4.JPG

Here is the spreadsheet (attached below) prices are based on.  All Klipsch owners are welcome to download it , do their own research and draw their own conclusions on price.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I've tracked about 100 confirmed sales of LS's with Type AA crossovers.  La Scala's in Good condition average $1205 and in Avg/poor condition $918. 

I used to own 1978 La Scala's which I purchased 5 years ago for $600.  The upgraded Crites A/4500 crossovers cost $200.  They sound really good but they are not the best in the Klipsch line, there are still two or three that are better IMO.

IMG_3123.thumb.JPG.ae8af2c23ee2c2a6b0d991c51d6c32d4.JPG

DAVE   -----WOW -----you bought these speakers for 600$ ------beautiful ---pristine  ,------what was the selling price , just curious 1500$

• Like 1

Just now, RANDYH said:

DAVE   -----WOW -----you bought these speakers for 600$ ------beautiful ---pristine  ,------what was the selling price , just curious 1500$

Right on the mark, sold for $1500.  I took $100 off for gas money because the Buyer came from 5 hours away to pick them up.

Sold due to low WAF.  😥

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Right on the mark, sold for $1500.  I took $100 off for gas money because the Buyer came from 5 hours away to pick them up.

Sold due to low WAF.  😥

they were absolutely mint , may I say ---

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Ash0628 said:

- what is your location - State-City -better pictures would help a lot -----make sure to take pictures of all the sides of the 2 speakers  ----top-sides -front-rear -----and they must show the serial number  tag or the embossed serial number in the wood if the tags are missing ------the tags will determine the age to match up with the current parts -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Yeah, you can see in the pictures the patina was wonderful. 

Pics professionally taken by my bud @mustang guy.  I think great pictures helped to make the sale.

we haven't heard of mustang guy in months -----

On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Ash0628 said:

Klipsch still makes the La Scala, the current retail price is $12,000. But 40 year old cars don't sell for current retail, neither do 40 year old speakers.

• Like 1

Just now, RANDYH said:

we haven't heard of mustang guy in months -----

He has a warehousing business that is going gangbusters so he has been busy with that.

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

• Sad 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

He has a warehousing business that is going gangbusters so he has been busy with that.

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

Very, very sorry to hear that.