Did I do good?

Deang

Dean, congrats on selling the DQ's so quickly!

Nice looking Heresy's too...I have a pair of Heresy's I bought new in '77 and I still love them. It is true they don't have the bass of a Forte', Chorus, or Cornwall, but the bass they do have is excellent (IMHO). It's just not fair to compare cone woofers to folded horns though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Deang,

How about my tweaked to the Max 299A second version. I bought a 299B and recieved it yesterday so I'll be selling my 299A. I also have another 299A that I'm going to keep to rebuild. This amp has my heart and soul of work in it and is in real nice shape so it isn't going to be cheap. It will come with a matched quad of Telefunkens 12AX7's and new Jan 6U8s and new 7189's Vintage Russians and a Mullard 5AR4. The Scotts have a unamplified derived center channel out that works great with a Sub.Let me know if your interested. I'd rather sell this to a forum member its a great amp.

Craig

Craig,

How does the center out work for a Sub? Like Dean, I have a SVS sub with a Samson Amp. The amp requires a IC input and then uses speaker wire that connects to the SVS. Will the Scott work for this? I have no crossover controls on the SVS so how does that work? Just thought I would try it if I could.

BTW Dean, congratulations on the Heresy's! I 'm curious if they have K-55-V's in them, and the seller just cut and pasted the specs from the website, which now have K-55-M's...

Mike

Dean,

Congrats on the Heresy purchase.I think its great to be able to have the $$ to try out new components and give them their true test in your own Home.If you don't like them someone will ****** them up in no time.

If you do decide you want to work you way up the Heritage line before heading to the K-horns my Cornwalls are still up for grabs.

Jeff

Dean,

I'm with Kelly on this. I bought a pair of Heresy's in January. By May they were sitting in a spare bedroom. I replaced them with my KLF20's. In August I bought a pair of $500 Lascala's (cabinet's are banged up, but the components are in great shape.) I added a pair of ALK xovers and I am in audio heaven.

I may use the Heresy's in a bedroom system someday

They sound good, but don't judge the Heritage series on these speakers.

I have enjoyed reading your post's. I'm glad there is someone else out there who changes equipment as fast as I do.

I look forward to your review of them and oh yea does your wife have a sister?

Danny

Dean- I've been admiring your system-pretty nice stuff!

My Scott 299C integrated has a "derived center channel" output, basically a summed mono line level output (with a level control, too!) I think one of these, even completely restored, would be reasonably within your budget.

Well Dean, I have been messing around with the center channel out on my Scott 299A, and SVS 20-39CSi/Samson S700 this afternoon. I have the gain on the Samson set at -22db, and it sounds pretty balanced there. I have not run any SPL sweeps with the Stereophile Test CD's as of yet, but it sure does sound pretty good. I will play with it some more and then try and get it dialed in with the Test CD's...

Mike

Builder,

Why are you doing this to me. I'm trying to save money to buy a pair of cabinets from you.

Explain this alittle more. Take another pair of speaker wire from the inputs of the lascala's and run it to the heresey's. Everything would still be inphase so nothing should cancel.

The main question I have is will this not make the speakers in series. If that's the case then it will look like a 16ohm load to the amp. If not then it will be in parallel and that makes them 4ohms.

Danny

Deag , Mike and all,

Sorry to leave you guys all day like this but I've been working and just got home.

Mike

looks like you figured the Scott center channel out for a sub. Are all SVS subs controlled without a crossover point ? I use a wimpy Alantic Technology 12" sub with my Lascalas it seems to work seamlessly with real tight bass down to about 26HZ which helps the Lascalas out. It has a built in amp and crossover setting works like a charm I set it at 50 HZ and its hard to tell its there.

Deang,

I replied to your email before I seen this thread. If I would of read this thread the price might of went up 1.gif

Craig

Of course, if I just even remotely hint that I'm interested in something -- everyone comes flying out of the woodwork.

Yesterday I posted that I was bidding on ALL the K-horns on eBay -- and today -- they are gone!!

Craig, please forward the email to my aol account. I'm at home now.

sevenwescotts@aol.com

Kelly, who the hell is 'Andy' ?

DBFLASH....

Don't you have a speaker A and a speaker B output on your amp? I understand your point, but if your amplifier section has connections for two pairs, just give my suggestion a try...at least one other of the forum members did so, and will vouch for the results!! LOL! There's no harm in giving it a try, is there? Let me know what you think after you have tried this...it is an old trick...but a good one!! Trust me on this!!