...and the LS bug bites again

Matthews

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Love the black ones

going to restore the clear pair.  The black pair will go up for sale, as is...

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Guitar player?

not really, just plucking around on a cheap bass.  Will pick up a nicer one once I gain a little more confidence on the strings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

well Ladies, looks like i jumped right back into the restoration game once again.

Two pairs in line now.  OYE - the crap i get myself into LOL 🤪

-Matt  , For once ------Chop the tops off , make them looks like LSII  ------

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, billybob said:

If he chops the tops off, where will he put the tweeter and mid horn?

All he will have left are the bins... thanks

let's recapitulate -----cut off the top with a track saw ,   and then  add  a wood panel  under the sawed top  , making it into a  sealed  top hat

---the advantage of such a design is to have the woofer door on top ,, a shorter woofer cable  for higher  end cabling  ,  and  1 binding post for the woofer , easier access ,  and  the top hat mounts into the bass bin using  4 pegs   , and the 2 piece cab is easier to transport  as the  LF -HF are lighter once they are split apart

• Like 2

2 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, Matt just lifts up the LS with a palm under the doghouse top and uses his other hand to open and close the door.

12 hours ago, Matthews said:

well Ladies, looks like i jumped right back into the restoration game once again.

Two pairs in line now.  OYE - the crap i get myself into LOL 🤪

kind of funny, but I got the idea watching his  Custom made Hudson --------aint that a beauty  , now let's see him do the same with a La Scala ---we know the Man's got a lot of talent:biggrin:

inprogress.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Matthews said:

going to restore the clear pair.  The black pair will go up for sale, as is...

not really, just plucking around on a cheap bass.  Will pick up a nicer one once I gain a little more confidence on the strings.

Just curious....what's a pair like those worth?

8 hours ago, Schu said:

Ive been thinking of getting an acoustic bass to noodle around with

You should try one, I'll bet you would like it. A friend has a nice Gibson acoustic I play with occasionally, just seems easier to play than an electric, and has an awesome sound.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

kind of funny, but I got the idea watching his  Custom made Hudson --------aint that a beauty  , now let's see him do the same with a La Scala ---we know the Man's got a lot of talent:biggrin:

inprogress.jpg

Damn....that looks interesting.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Matthews said:

awe 🥰  -  very nice of you to say

have made a little progress since that photo, Cept

99140443_3650105195018069_8480155163489730560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NAMYjOWsf-sAX8PqDar&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=553a049e5d183c7d8f895e7d8fec253f&oe=5F701B9C

Very cool. Is it as wicked as it looks? I like your location choice for that pic, I'm not the only one into old cemeteries, some people won't go near them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Any decision on the finish / color on this set? I assume the cane grills are a given?

Haven't given it much thought, Mook.  Have a bit of work ahead of me before I have to make that decision.  And yes, cane grills are a given.  Already have the material and frames 🤓

• Like 1