While in the car (to Indianapolis)

Coytee

Situation...  in several weeks I'm going to be heading to Indy to attend a funeral.

Going to be driving a fairly new Subaru Forester.  Don't care to lug CD's along....  so thought I might take my I-Pod that I usually use while cutting the fields.  Problem is, I don't think the car has a 1/8" input jack...

So, how can I get there?

Can I plug the Ipod into my Motorola Android and let the phone blue-tooth for me?  Is there a hidden 1/8" jack that I'm unaware of?  (now that I'm typing this, I might need to look in the glove box)

I'm ok if I can't take anything with me but I know I'm in for several stretches of drive with pathetic radio stations and again, I don't want to lug some CD's with me so the Ipod is a nice solution if I can get it to work.

Thoughts?

Update:  Looked around further....  didn't see anything in the glove box but the manual said something about USB....  decided to look in center armrest.

In there I found both a 1/8" jack as well as a USB!  Looks like this will be simple and I just have to find/obtain a connecting wire.  Unfortunately, I'm fearing I've tossed my old 1/8" jack but think I know where it would be if not.

Otherwise, looks like this will be easy, thanks!!

Followup question....  my Ipod uses Ipod connector to USB (into wall or PC) to charge.  If I get a 1/8" to USB and plug it in.....will it use that same connection to both play and keep charged?   I don't think so since the 1/8" on the Ipod is for ear plugs.

Would I need to instead, get the 1/8x1/8 for playback and plug the normal bottom connector into USB for charging?  This is what I'm feeling in my bones to be the correct setup for car.

Yeah...I'll use two wires.  Earphone jack to car and USB in car to charger on bottom of Ipod.

Interesting how "cool" technology is to allow this to happen however, these are from different era's and the technology isn't good enough to make it simple!