speakers for quicksilvers

gerall

I own a pair of older quicksilver M60 monoblock amps which are heavily modified, using EL34s.  My current speakers are Eminent Technology LFT - at 83db they are incompatible with the amps.  Mike Sanders at quicksilver recommended Klipsch's as a perfect match.   I usually buy used and my budget is 3,000 give or take and my room is 14 X10.  Any recommendations?  Many thanks!

Welcome to the forums! We can help you spend your money.

Even the new Heresy IVs could be good in that size room, and as much as I love La Scalas, that's getting to be a bit small for them. Fully horn loaded are hard to beat though.

Where are you located? Perhaps someone close can audition something for you (following all the distancing guidelines, of course...)

Bruce

La Scala is always a good choice.  It is hard to beat them. Add a sub too. 3,000.00 should cover a pair of La Scala’s And a sub or two.

Many play in a room close to yours. 

But LS are 2’ x 2’. Figure a foot off the wall and they are 3’ into the room. If your ears are 2’ off the wall behind it is 5’ from the speakers. I think that is why Klipsch made Belles.

Firing longwise is an option. Even placed in the corners and toed in, less than 5’ between the speakers.

On 11/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, Panelhead said:

Firing longwise is an option. Even placed in the corners and toed in, less than 5’ between the speakers.

I had a pair about 6 feet apart, and they imaged great, and still had width to the soundstage.

living room_sm3.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you.  I live in Yardley, Bucks County Pennsylvania.  I don't see many LA Scala's on the used market now. The other speaker that was recommended was the Altec Lansing Valencia - are any of you familiar how they compare to the La Scala?  

Meant to add, I use 2A3 SET amps at  3.5 watts a side, and for me was plenty of power. Your M60s should work great... they would mostly coast with any Klipsch product, especially what are considered the Heritage models.

• 1 month later...