Should I marry this woman?

Mighty Favog

11 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Either way, you'll think of her every time you listen to those, so I'd say she is a keeper.   My wife surprised me with AW-650s 12 years ago for Christmas, but that was after 20 years of marriage LOL.

Her main hobby is, believe if or not, are small die cast cars. Yes, Hot Wheels. Mainly one of them called a "Drag Bus". It's to the point where she's in the Die Cast Hall of Fame and other accolades. One day, shortly after we met again, she gives me a birthday gift. A mint set of 4-cars from Hot Wheels called Farbs. They came out in 1971 as a ceral box offer. And these things were about $400!! She did this and we're still getting reacquainted. 😎

• Like 3

I just saw this thread and initially reading it waiting for a funny picture or moment.....  then it turned to reality and not a joke thread!

Just wow.

I'd get the estate stuff figured out along with medical (POA) stuff so if something happens to one of you, the other might not be excluded from a visit or decision process (presuming that's what you want).

What a story.

Now....about them other gals....  (as I hide my wedding ring that my wife actually told me to not bother wearing anyway).....  are they legit or was that the "funny moment" in the thread?

I'm still not clear on how much of this is reality and what part (if any) is "ha ha gotcha" (I understand your story is based on your reality and what a story it is)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coytee said:

Now....about them other gals....  (as I hide my wedding ring that my wife actually told me to not bother wearing anyway).....  are they legit or was that the "funny moment" in the thread?

I'm still not clear on how much of this is reality and what part (if any) is "ha ha gotcha" (I understand your story is based on your reality and what a story it is)

😁😁 The other girls are very real. The Vietnamese/White girl in her new daughter-in-law. The blond girl is one of her nieces, also now married.

The story is incredible and completely 100% true. I'm adding pieces all the time to it to try not to leave any loose ends. But I can't seem to get her to finish her part where she meets her 2nd husband. He treated her so badly; physically, mentally, publicly as well as his personal "whipping girl". The physical scars from her abductor will never go away. She still doesn't know, for certain, if he was convicted, what the sentence was or when/if he was released as she was told by the courts they would do.

I have many friends at the same courthouse and none of them are getting back to me with any answers. Possibly because she was a minor when it happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

If it weren't for the money situation, should would already be my Mrs.

I can speak from experience ... there is WAY more to life than money. Money won't hold you at night when you're scared or hurting.  If you love her, marry her and don't look back. Maybe you won't have as much "stuff," but what you'll find is FAR better than anything money can buy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2020 at 12:24 AM, BigStewMan said:

I can speak from experience ... there is WAY more to life than money. Money won't hold you at night when you're scared or hurting.  If you love her, marry her and don't look back. Maybe you won't have as much "stuff," but what you'll find is FAR better than anything money can buy. 

Oh, believe me, I've already asked for her hand. And she already said she would. It's just that figuring out the average life span of a male in the US with type I Diabetes make my questionable years coming up very soon ( about 3-5 to start). So, while her not being my bride and putting the ultimate ending to this whole thing, I can see she's still looking after herself. She's done some incredible things for me since we met again. She can be stubborn and self reliant, but that's her strength she developed after she left her first husband with a 3-month old son. She caught him in the act with a co-worker and walked out right there.

Her second husband wouldn't afford her any self esteem what so ever. For example, if someone was holding a ball point pen and dropped it, she is the one that would apologize and quickly pick it up taking the blame when she had nothing to do with it. Kind of a living Dobby from Harry Potter.

1 minute ago, Mighty Favog said:

It's just that figuring out the average life span of a male in the US with type I Diabetes make my questionable years coming up very soon ( about 3-5 to start). So, while her not being my bride and putting the ultimate ending to this whole thing, I can see she's still looking after herself.

that is understandable ... very unfortunate position to be in though. I'm sorry you two are in this predicament. 

• Like 1