Smaller than KLF C7

dvsbiker

Welcome to the forum. I can´t answer Your question directly since i don´t own KLFs. Others, i´m shure, will have suggestions, but You may run into a problem - whatever other center you choose, most likely  it will not match the 30s soundwise. Would that be acceptable toYou?

It's not much smaller...4 inches shorter but 3 inches deeper, but the KT-LCR has the same driver for the tweeter as the KLF C7 if you want to stay matched.

KLF C7 11 by 27 by 9

KT-LCR 11 by 23 by12

KLF C7:

http://images.klipsch.com/Brochure_971100_Legend_635164772957368000.pdf

KT-LCR:

http://images.klipsch.com/Brochure_940400_THX_635164772819464000.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

Haha, it was.  But, in my extensive experience, I personally would rather go with a phantom center than a non-matched center. 

I was in that camp for years, but lately I started to agree with @wvu80 and realized how much HT content comes through the center channel, so get the best center you can, even if it might not match. I will say that a matching LCR is the best solution, but many speakers just never had a matching center.

Having a decent center channel is almost a must for home theater.  Now you can argue all day if having a matched set across the front is mandatory or not, that's going to be up to the individual and what they think sounds the best. 

One exception is if you are watching old movies and shows... I often change it over to stereo to see if it sounds better...and sometimes I prefer the stereo over 5.1/7/1/etc.

Now, the part I am frustrated with is that the signal we are receiving from Netflix/Amazon Prime/etc. is not what it should be.  Good luck having movies/shows sound good on a nice surround system.  Is anyone else having these issues as well?  When I play a DVD /Blueray on the oppo and compare it to streaming, it is often a night and day difference in sound! (Not even to mention picture) ..and it's not my internet speed as I am well over 100 mbs upload and  over 15 mbs uplaod.

image.thumb.png.eafdc48d2d1a56d1c5be6c3f768f8b52.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I was in that camp for years, but lately I started to agree with @wvu80 and realized how much HT content comes through the center channel, so get the best center you can, even if it might not match. I will say that a matching LCR is the best solution, but many speakers just never had a matching center.

I'm still with wuzzer on that one.  At the other extreme, a center identical to the mains is the best of all possible worlds (apologies to Candide).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...