Terriss

So, I’ve had a lovely surround set up with some reference premiere speakers for about 6 months now. Tonight, a very courageous young house mouse decided to brave the teeth and claws of my two cats and invade my kitchen. In the course of the chase it ran in the general direction of my SPL-150 subwoofer and is currently MIA. While my furry security system continues to hunt the home invader, do I need to worry about it running into the space at the bottom of the subwoofer and causing havoc on the inside? I didn’t see it run in there, but it would have been possible and I can’t tell if that space connects to the rest of the internals of the speaker or not.

For those of you who have disassembled these speakers, do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2021 at 1:40 AM, Terriss said:

So, I’ve had a lovely surround set up with some reference premiere speakers for about 6 months now. Tonight, a very courageous young house mouse decided to brave the teeth and claws of my two cats and invade my kitchen. In the course of the chase it ran in the general direction of my SPL-150 subwoofer and is currently MIA. While my furry security system continues to hunt the home invader, do I need to worry about it running into the space at the bottom of the subwoofer and causing havoc on the inside? I didn’t see it run in there, but it would have been possible and I can’t tell if that space connects to the rest of the internals of the speaker or not.

For those of you who have disassembled these speakers, do I have anything to worry about?

Thanks in advance.

Crank it... the mouse will find it's way out.

• Like 1

We had a rat in our office at work. It took over a month before we finally caught him in a trap. That's the good news. When we found him in the trap on a monday morning, another rat had been eating on his hip. He didn't do it to himself, as his head was snapped in the trap. Haven't seen anything of the second one, though.