Klipsch Heresy Owners Group

wuzzzer

1 hour ago, Curious_George said:

These are ported (of course) and have ALK Universal clone crossovers. 

gorgeous speakers!  i have some 1975 heresys.

did you change the woofers, too (to make into a super heresy)?  how about the x-over -- what settings did you end up with relative to the type e x-over?

12 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

gorgeous speakers!  i have some 1975 heresys.

did you change the woofers, too (to make into a super heresy)?  how about the x-over -- what settings did you end up with relative to the type e x-over?

Yes, I changed the woofers for the port mod. I am using Celestion TF1225's. I believe I am using the T2A -6dB for the mid and an l-pad made from 2 resistors for the tweeter @ -3dB. 

I'm on my 4th and 5th set of H1's.  My daily's are 1976 HWO and are the best sounding of all I've owned.

I recently rescued a set with mismatched cabs that were actually built within a few weeks of each other.  They had THICK black industrial paint on them.  Looks like they were used in a commercial environment as they have mounting holes in the cabinets and the tweeters were blown.
3 of my sets in pics.  Before and after with the grey and then black satin.  My 2nd set of HBR's after a light sanding and Watco oil and my current set of HWO's in their natural environment with their big brother CW II's.

Heresy done 3.jpg

Heresy done.jpg

Heresy8.jpg

Cornwall f.jpg

Heresy g.jpg

Heresy H-WO c.jpg

Heresy7.jpg

Heresy h.jpg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, uteman1011 said:

I'm on my 4th and 5th set of H1's.  My daily's are 1976 HWO and are the best sounding of all I've owned.

I recently rescued a set with mismatched cabs that were actually built within a few weeks of each other.  They had THICK black industrial paint on them.  Looks like they were used in a commercial environment as they have mounting holes in the cabinets and the tweeters were blown.
3 of my sets in pics.  Before and after with the grey and then black satin.  My 2nd set of HBR's after a light sanding and Watco oil and my current set of HWO's in their natural environment with their big brother CW II's.

Heresy done 3.jpg

I actually like the All Black   ,  not sure how you got the black paint  to look so good , usually  black paint looks bland ,  these speakers look stunning without grilles or velcro , or badges .

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 001 said:

I actually like the All Black   ,  not sure how you got the black paint  to look so good , usually  black paint looks bland ,  these speakers look stunning without grilles or velcro , or badges .

Thanks.  I like black as well!  My CW's are actually oak.  When I rescued them the cabs were in super sad shape so i sanded, filled and painted them.  I didn't go too crazy thick as I'm anticipating attempting a new veneer.
I did 4 coats on those Heresy to really take out the grain.  You can see how rotted those cabs were.

I have a pair of Hersey II that I inherited from my best friend before he passed away.  They need some love and a local shop said Klipsch sells a rebuild kit.  If I buy it they will do the work.  Problem is that Klipsch doesn't answer the phone or support e-mails, so I can't purchase the kits.  1 driver has been replaced and I want to bring these back to great condition.  Anyone have any suggestions in the Denver area?  My shop has spent 4 months trying to get Klipsch to reply to be able to sell me the kit and the local Klipsch dealer doesn't really care because they want to sell me new stuff.

7 hours ago, BrianLeFevre said:

I have a pair of Hersey II that I inherited from my best friend before he passed away.  They need some love and a local shop said Klipsch sells a rebuild kit.  If I buy it they will do the work.  Problem is that Klipsch doesn't answer the phone or support e-mails, so I can't purchase the kits.  1 driver has been replaced and I want to bring these back to great condition.  Anyone have any suggestions in the Denver area?  My shop has spent 4 months trying to get Klipsch to reply to be able to sell me the kit and the local Klipsch dealer doesn't really care because they want to sell me new stuff.

The only "rebuild kit" would be for the crossover network and that would be through JEM Performance, Klipsch's only authorized company for work like that.

11 hours ago, BrianLeFevre said:

Brian ,  What parts are you looking  for ?   ---if you need klipsch OEM Capacitor kits for Your Crossovers - JEM is the Klipsch Dealer you wanna call  

@JEM Performance

https://jemperformanceaudio.com/

412-401-6915.   

Contact Us - theaudioroom@verizon.net

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum -

• Like 1

I have a pair of Heresy II’s from 1985, per the date on the (circular) crossover.  Sadly the labels are long since gone.  I got them from my father, who bought them new back in the mid 80’s, and they’re in terrific shape!

A question for the rest of you: stands, or on the ground angled upward?  I have them as my front channels for my 5.1.2 system.  Conventional wisdom says to elevate to ear height, but I know I’ve read that these specific speakers were meant to sit on the floor.  Mine are currently on the floor.

Curious what the rest of you do!

9 hours ago, Vaapad said:

I have a pair of Heresy II’s from 1985, per the date on the (circular) crossover.  Sadly the labels are long since gone.  I got them from my father, who bought them new back in the mid 80’s, and they’re in terrific shape!

A question for the rest of you: stands, or on the ground angled upward?  I have them as my front channels for my 5.1.2 system.  Conventional wisdom says to elevate to ear height, but I know I’ve read that these specific speakers were meant to sit on the floor.  Mine are currently on the floor.

Curious what the rest of you do!

I've tried mine both ways.  On 30" tall stands and also on the floor angled up.

On stands they are very in your face sound-wise.  Sometimes I liked that, sometimes I didn't.

On the floor they seem to sound smoother.

I've tried mine both ways.  On 30" tall stands and also on the floor angled up.
On stands they are very in your face sound-wise.  Sometimes I liked that, sometimes I didn't.
On the floor they seem to sound smoother.

They are intended for the floor. They loss bass on stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

recently added davea's wonderful smahls and de-120 tweeters.  providing much more articulate highs than the k-77 alnicos that were there.

the icing on the cake, though, is my new luxman sq-n150 integrated -- 10w of el84 goodness!  sound is wonderful -- instruments sound remarkably natural, soundstage is much more nuanced (i.e. deeper), and remarkably, the bass is phenomenal.  i've been considering going down the super heresy route, but the bass now is making me reconsider.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

On 2/12/2022 at 1:38 PM, jcn3 said:

recently added davea's wonderful smahls and de-120 tweeters.  providing much more articulate highs than the k-77 alnicos that were there.

the icing on the cake, though, is my new luxman sq-n150 integrated -- 10w of el84 goodness!  sound is wonderful -- instruments sound remarkably natural, soundstage is much more nuanced (i.e. deeper), and remarkably, the bass is phenomenal.  i've been considering going down the super heresy route, but the bass now is making me reconsider.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Love the mid-century chest of draws.

• Like 1

Anyone running Heresys as surrounds and have them mounted upside-down?

My Heresy surrounds sit on small 'dressers' to the left and right of my couch.  As a result the midrange and tweeter sit a bit higher than ear level when seated.  I was wondering about flipping them upside-down so that they were closer to ear height.

Anyone running Heresys as surrounds and have them mounted upside-down?

My Heresy surrounds sit on small 'dressers' to the left and right of my couch.  As a result the midrange and tweeter sit a bit higher than ear level when seated.  I was wondering about flipping them upside-down so that they were closer to ear height.

30” barstools are perfect for Heresys. No need to flip them. Surrounds or any Klipsch Heritage speakers do not have to be “ear height”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never been successful integrating  Heresy (side) surrounds in my room, they were too close to my listening position . They sounded very unnatural .(brought attention to themselves) I wound up moving them further to the rear , now there about eight feet away , and sound excellent .Surrounds that are to close and or too direct , will not blend well . Lowering the squawker to ear level may be counterproductive,if they are close to your listening position.🤓

• 3 weeks later...

I had been using angled door stops to prop the front of my LCR Heresys but decided to try them out without them.  It really is amazing how these speakers that aren't very tall or wide can present such a tall and wide soundstage.  With the lights off you'd swear they were 3 times larger than they actually are.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, wuzzzer said:

I had been using angled door stops to prop the front of my LCR Heresys but decided to try them out without them.  It really is amazing how these speakers that aren't very tall or wide can present such a tall and wide soundstage.  With the lights off you'd swear they were 3 times larger than they actually are.

Yes , they really are a great speaker ,I’ve got the Heresy II ,big fabulous sound in a practical size , maybe my favorite Klipsch of all. I prefer mine angled up .🤓