What do YOU think of the new reference design???

Stephen328

Well ofcourse Klipsch came out with something new because I just bought a pair of RF-7's with the matching center and surrounds. Do the new ones come in maple like mine? I really like that. I'm not sure I'm sold on the all copper either. I kind of like the contrast. And they should have taken the opportunity to move the Klipsch emblem to the top like it is on my Forte II's. But going to magnet attachments for grilles is a good idea. I worried about breaking the plastic fastners the very first time I put the grilles on mine. As I remember from my old motorcycle days they used those same kind of fastners (I think they called them dzus fastners) to hold the plastic body panels on the sport bikes. They were famous for being fragile. I broke one on my Suzuki.

To the point, as long as the improvements seem to be mostly cosmetic, I'll stick with what I got. Nay

For clarity, I'll repeat. The RF-7, the RF-5, the RC-7, the RS-7 and all the RSW subwoofers remain unchanged at the top of the Reference Series. The new models Replace everything below the RF-5 and all of the Synergy models. Those new RF-7s have not been eclipsed.

Man, don't piss off BobG. He sounds a little defensive! LOL 2.gif

Really, I'm sure they're outstanding horns worthy of the Klipsch name!

But I'd really like to see the Heritage Series come out with a Cornwall III...let's vote on that!

If not (and that's a big NOT), than the Jubilee all dolled up for the consumer market would be nice! 1.gif

----------------

The new models in the Reference series start at $299 each for a tower

----------------

I just paid $475 for a pair of used RF-3ii (and at that price,I'm not complaining) But for another $125 I guess I could of had the option.

Any word on a release date?

About the grills. Any type of conversion kit available for the RF-3. (now that I think about it, I could do that myself, hmmmm)

----------------

On 1/20/2003 10:00:43 AM BobG wrote:

For clarity, I'll repeat. The RF-7, the RF-5, the RC-7, the RS-7 and all the RSW subwoofers remain unchanged at the top of the Reference Series. The new models Replace everything below the RF-5 and all of the Synergy models. Those new RF-7s have not been eclipsed.

----------------

OK, does this mean the RF-7, and RC-7 will remain unchanged for the next couple of years? I ask because I have decided that my system will be comprised of an RC-7 center, and 6 total RF-7 speakers (mains, surrounds, and back surrounds). I can't afford to buy them all at once, and I don't want to wind up with a mismatch or having to buy used.

Undecided on the subwoofer at present, but my top choice right now would be a Velodyne HGS-12.

My current system is comprised of a pair of Fortes (best speaker Klipsch put out in my opinion) for L + R, RC-3 II center, and KG 1.2s for the surrounds. Currently no rear surrounds nor sub, but working on it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

It appears to have been asked earlier, but what is the timing for when the new models will hit the dealer floors? The local Tweeter & Hillcrest HiFi have no knowledge of the upcoming models at this time.

I'm on the fence in waiting for the new Reference series towers or picking up a pair of RF-3IIs before they are gone; would like to do an A - B comparison if all possible when the time comes.

----------------

For clarity, I'll repeat. ... The new models Replace everything below the RF-5 and all of the Synergy models.

----------------

Once more for clarity, since I missed this detail in the press release and earlier discussions. 1.gif I understood that the new line was replacing the RF-3's, but are you saying that the Synergy line is going as well? I totally missed that fact! Thank you for additional clarification.

----------------

On 1/28/2003 9:55:47 AM Bob_Collins wrote:

----------------

----------------

OK, does this mean the RF-7, and RC-7 will remain unchanged for the next couple of years? I ask because I have decided that my system will be comprised of an RC-7 center, and 6 total RF-7 speakers (mains, surrounds, and back surrounds). I can't afford to buy them all at once, and I don't want to wind up with a mismatch or having to buy used.

Undecided on the subwoofer at present, but my top choice right now would be a Velodyne HGS-12.

My current system is comprised of a pair of Fortes (best speaker Klipsch put out in my opinion) for L + R, RC-3 II center, and KG 1.2s for the surrounds. Currently no rear surrounds nor sub, but working on it.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

----------------

I want to know the answer to this too!

I'm VERY interested in the RB-75's. I'm building a system with 3 RF-7's in front (center is going to be a HornEd'ed RF-7 for horizontal mounting) and I was considering 4 RC-7's for surrounds and rears (I don't like the dipole approach to surround sound). The RB-75's sound like a better solution for surrounds and rears for a few BIG reasons:

1. Front ported. Yay!

2. Wall mounting attachments. Yay!

3. Components matched to RF-7 series.

4. (Hopefully) smaller than the RC-7's.

Two questions:

1. What are their dimensions? I could not find any specs. Anyone have a link?

2. When will they be available? I'll need 4 of 'em in March.

3. How will they look compared to the RF-7's? Will the vinyl veneer complement the RF-7's okay? I'm fine with the pictures and would have voted Yea if I'd found this thread earlier1.gif

Another GOOD thing - getting rid of the plastic grill attachements. Half of them where broken on the display models at my local Tweeters.

Thanks!

Gordon