If you're into tractors and Christmas...

Coytee

This GIF was created by "Harv" on another forum I frequent (I understand Dtel has been there as well)  www.tractorbynet.com

He probably created this maybe 20 years ago and it crops up this time of the year because some of the old-timers there (yeah, I'm one of the early people there so I'd qualify as old-timer)

Anyway, it pops up this time of year so as some of the old timers either saved it or, remember it and know to go look for it.  A new person would have no clue that it existed.  I thought I'd copy it over here to spread some diesel fumes.

A very rich/deep/knowledgeable site....  think about it....  who owns a tractor?  Might be an attorney, dentist, plumber, farmer, Sheriff...  virtually any/all backgrounds are there so if you have an off the wall question about something in life and want to ask....  odds are someone there will have a solid opinion.  

They're not all out fishing for more bass... :o

33 minutes ago, Coytee said:

.  think about it....  who owns a tractor?  Might be an attorney, dentist, plumber, farmer, Sheriff...  virtually any/all backgrounds are there so if you have an off the wall question about something in life and want to ask....  odds are someone there will have a solid opinion.  

They're not all out fishing for more bass... :o

John Deere x739 owner here, certainly not what one would think of as a "prototype tractor owner" but that setup has allowed me to take care of our property in ways I never expected. Shaft PTO really is another level for an in town property tractor (triple lot plus wooded). Mostly it allows me to do the big jobs such that I have more time to take care of smaller things that really make a difference in how a property builds out or looks. When the work gets heavy I can do it now, be it turf or snow.....that machine plus the COVID shutdown made for one of the most productive periods for property improvements that we've had here, and since I got it before all that stuff broke I got it on terms I couldn't refuse. You haven't lived until you've greased some of these setups lemme tell ya😃 Love that little beast......

Yeah, when I bought my small acerage years ago, I knew I needed some sort of small tractor. Bought a used Kubota BX-24 that has front-end loader and detachable backhoe. Best money I ever spent. I've dug drainage lines, installed septic lines, dug foundation for my shop building, dug tree stumps, bushhogged, installed french drains and hauled all manner of stuff with the loader. It's not terrible to work on and seems reliable as a rock. I've had it for 10 years and could get most of my investment back if I sold it. Crazy.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Shaft PTO does take things to another level, especially for a property like yours. Sounds like it's been a real game-changer for managing your land.And you're spot on about the productivity boost during COVID shutdowns. Having the right equipment can make a world of difference. Plus, those greasing sessions can be surprisingly satisfying, right? 😄If you ever want to chat more about tractors or need advice, this forum seems like a great place to connect with folks from diverse backgrounds who share your passion. And if you're ever looking for other types of machinery or equipment, don't forget to check out machinerydealer.co.uk for a wide range of options.

Edited by TaylorWil