Klipsch Heresy 2 has lower volume than the companion speaker. Checked all cables/new amp

SeanHiFi

Hello, I have a set of Klipsch Heresy 2s. I am getting less sound from one of the speakers. New cables, checked them too, and new AMP. I am on the West Cpoast and there are no nearby repair locations for these. Just wondering if there are any solutions I can complete myself. Can do basic soldering and use a multi-meter. 

3 hours ago, SeanHiFi said:

Hello, I have a set of Klipsch Heresy 2s. I am getting less sound from one of the speakers. New cables, checked them too, and new AMP. I am on the West Cpoast and there are no nearby repair locations for these. Just wondering if there are any solutions I can complete myself. Can do basic soldering and use a multi-meter. 

Welcome! Have you done any troubleshooting?

@SeanHiFi     questions ? 

1)- swap the cable  around from the  speaker that has no issues  with the  speaker that has a problem .   

do not change the connections   to the amplifier

what are  the results ?  does the same issue remain with the same speaker ?

2)- what is the DCR   ?   of the....  woofer  - midrange and tweeter for the failing speaker  , you can compare the results with the 2 nd speaker ,

- if 1 of the DCR results is much lower , then the  corresponding driver has an issue ,

-if the  6 DCR  results are close to identical , the issue is  a problem with  wiring , a  loose connector or a damaged connector  , or the crossover .

41 minutes ago, OO1 said:

@SeanHiFi     questions ? 

1)- swap the cable  around from the  speaker that has no issues  with the  speaker that has a problem .   

do not change the connections   to the amplifier

what are  the results ?  does the same issue remain with the same speaker ?

2)- what is the DCR   ?   of the....  woofer  - midrange and tweeter for the failing speaker  , you can compare the results with the 2 nd speaker ,

- if 1 of the DCR results is much lower , then the  corresponding driver has an issue ,

-if the  6 DCR  results are close to identical , the issue is  a problem with  wiring , a  loose connector or a damaged connector  , or the crossover .

^^^^^

That is why I love this place.

looks around...

BTW what is DCR?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SeanHiFi said:

Yes, what amp do you have, btw?

Turns out that I have two issues. A bad left channel on my new Rotel Amp and possible crossover issue with woofer issue on one of the Heresy II's. I hooked up an older Sansui to the speakers and had the same issue(s). Connection cables were all fine. Tries other speakers on the Amp and poor left channel sound/volume. Anyone know of any experts in the SF Bay Area who can work on these speakers? *(Will give it a go if not.)