Post Some Pictures of Your Cassette Decks - Analog Section

CCG

59 minutes ago, babadono said:

Spam attack...supposedly Microsoft  "we're going to shut down your OS if you don't call us" and give CC info no doubt...and your first born male child. Took 3 re boots of computer to get rid of it.

Huh? How old is your OS/virus protection because neither MicroMara nor I had any problems with that link

In my experience Nakamichi and Teac made the best decks so i'm not exactly surprised that there's so many Nak's showing up here but both were way out my price league back then. I remember the Nakamichi Dragon being the deck to end all decks back in the day

• 2 weeks later...

After the Walkman era, our Family bought their first new "stereo system".... containing this 1990's gem. (The previous family stereo was a heathkit my dad built)

Oh boy, if I had a penny for all of the copyright laws I broke with this dual cassette deck, then I could probably retire already!

IMG_8692.jpg

• Like 2

Bought my first teac cx-350 mid-fi cassette deck was back back 1980 .  The joy of having brand new deck in the box was such a memorable experience especially from a freshman college, having 2 jobs and living on your own. I got so involve with recordings just pitching ideas from other enthusiast and in the next 3 years I bought my very first Nakamichi BX-300. That really took my recording and listening experience to another level. Until now I still do lots of recordings. Still have my old BX-300 and running perfect. I just set it as a backup. I retired the Teac in 2019 and sold it to a young enthusiast that making his way to hi fidelity with practically almost just gave it to him and hope he's enjoying it. Continue to record more music and still learning new thing everyday.

image.thumb.jpeg.2392825b74c84b498cac5382bf568968.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Iteachstem said:

After the Walkman era, our Family bought their first new "stereo system".... containing this 1990's gem. (The previous family stereo was a heathkit my dad built)

Oh boy, if I had a penny for all of the copyright laws I broke with this dual cassette deck, then I could probably retire already!

IMG_8692.jpg

amen...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCG said:

Bought my first teac cx-350 mid-fi cassette deck was back back 1980 .  The joy of having brand new deck in the box was such a memorable experience especially from a freshman college, having 2 jobs and living on your own. I got so involve with recordings just pitching ideas from other enthusiast and in the next 3 years I bought my very first Nakamichi BX-300. That really took my recording and listening experience to another level. Until now I still do lots of recordings. Still have my old BX-300 and running perfect. I just set it as a backup. I retired the Teac in 2019 and sold it to a young enthusiast that making his way to hi fidelity with practically almost just gave it to him and hope he's enjoying it. Continue to record more music and still learning new thing everyday.

image.thumb.jpeg.2392825b74c84b498cac5382bf568968.jpeg

What's that funny looking thing to the right ??

On 6/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, CWOReilly said:

Next in line!

625FDA6A-F7B0-4502-96DB-10CFA91B051F.jpeg

Earlier this year I traded in my old HK deck and some cash for a fully restored Naka 480Z.  Had my eyes on a pristine LX-5 but just couldn't justify the asking price.  Be that as it may, the 480Z performs admirably, so no real heartache, just smiles....

IMG_0829.JPG

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

What's that funny looking thing to the right ??

1980 pioneer turntable, recording amp, then node 2i (which I dont even use), then 15 band  analog EQ, 6c33c-b power amp.

11 minutes ago, scalawag said:

Earlier this year I traded in my old HK deck and some cash for a fully restored Naka 480Z.  Had my eyes on a pristine LX-5 but just couldn't justify the asking price.  Be that as it may, the 480Z performs admirably, so real heartache, just smiles....

IMG_0829.JPG

That's one of my favorite playback deck. The 480 series are the most analog on on the nakamichi's 3 decade series. But they are all excellent in their own way. My recent recording technique is transferring from 2nd master reel, to nakamichi DR-2. Then playback in LX-3 which is pretty much a 480 series with a slight difference in features. Anyways they sound really nice with the early maxell tapes. I been recording on TDK since '81 and pretty much I've learned so many techniques in laying down tracks. This is the first few moments I found myself listening more to maxell tapes.

But when I play the same tape on the later models lets say CR-2A or DR-3, I'm not really enthusiastic about the sound production. The dragon in the other hand is a different story. I have one but I'm not well versed with that deck besides it'll playback almost any tapes sounding like a dream.

• Like 1

nakamichi.thumb.jpg.7ef59987e189d8e6e816541df229f343.jpgI have a lot of cassette decks. This is my everyday deck in the office—a Nakamichi. I have some Tascam pro decks and a Tandberg. I like the sound of cassette tape. I have lots of opera on cassette because the voices sound so relaxed and natural (on good ones). It's not a high-tech sound, but very listenable. And, being an old fart, I still enjoy making my own mix tapes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iteachstem said:

My fist tape player... in middle school.  Oh the 1980's!

IMG_8689.jpg

IMG_8691.jpg

I had an LXI (Sears) before having an actual Walkman. The LXI was so much better. It was probably a rebranded something, but I don’t know. It’s at least 30 years gone now. Wish I knew the model. 

• Like 1