Wanted-Klipsch Jubilee (KPT-402-HF) & (KPT-KHJ-LF)

deafbykhorns

• Klipsch Employees
3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

That's enough.

You have been spreading this mis-information for so long.

You really have no idea what you are talking about (in spite of your 69,000 posts). 

Don't bother responding to this

Except…….he is right. 

• Klipsch Employees
8 hours ago, deafbykhorns said:

Not saying someone can't clone them, I just don't trust anyone unless I could verify it. A simple change in throat diameter, corner pieces, angles or woofer opening will change the sound a lot. I built two pairs of LaScala's in 1981, the first pair wasn't even close, the second pair I started to pay more attention to dimensions.

At 120 db, no one will really care or know the difference, at normal listening levels, its obvious.

I agree. Clones are just that….clones…..wannabe’s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

I agree. Clones are just that….clones…..wannabe’s

Thank you Roy for clarifying. I’m kicking myself for not jumping in with Richard when the underground’s were released. I heard his Jub’s back when he purchased them years ago but I don’t think they were set up right at the time so I passed. He had just installed the TAD’s and they probably weren’t dialed in yet. I didn’t hear a big improvement over my Khorns (at lower listening levels) as well. After hearing a pair a couple weeks ago with the Xilica, it was a new experience with Klipsch I haven’t  heard before, even after upgrading mine to the latest version. The Heritage Jubs are beautiful but they just won’t fit unless I get rid of all the furniture(see attached pic) and the wife ain’t having that…the underground’s are almost the same footprint as the khorns. If i find a pair, i was going to give them a proper finish like the Heritage Jubs. I have been a Klipsch fan since I heard them in 1980, I couldn’t afford the LaScalas so in 1981 I built a couple pairs and purchased a used industrial top. It was close but no cigar as you said. I could finally afford a real Klipsch speaker after working lots of overtime and purchased the Khorns in 1985. I drove them with a Carver PM 1.5 hence my moniker. I later designed and built some 300b SET amps. Just finished a pair of custom GM70 amps last year. Enough with the rant and back to my search. If you’re ever in N Fla hit me up, I’ll take you fishing.

C58C0BE9-1454-4FFD-8E0E-FF0B49E05B46.jpeg

• Like 2

Actually by definition a "clone" IS an exact copy/duplicate...just sayin

And yes I am very blessed and thankful that I have official made by Klipsch UG Jubes. I got wind of them very late in their life cycle, researched, went all the way to Idaho and then Hope to audition, saved up my pennies, was fortunate to meet Cory and purchase at what IMHO was a reasonable price. Purchased a new in box but technically used Xilica digital crossover from a member here and some used TAD 4002 drivers on Ebay both at IMHO resonable prices.

They sound SUPERB. If money was no object I would probably jump to the Heritage Jubilee.

Thank you PWK and Roy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, babadono said:

And yes if you cannot hear a difference between KHorns and Jubes...sum ting wong:D

All that being said you have to like the horn sound...there are people who would hear my Jubes and say "ah...no thanks"

Yes, bad DSP settings and a difficult room to boot.  What I heard last week and 10yrs ago was night and day.

i have tried to like other speakers over the years but they all sounded so lifeless. The only other speaker I would consider is Classic Audio

16 hours ago, deafbykhorns said:

Looks like I'm going to audition some Heritage Jubilee's.

Need to sell the wife on the size....

They are roughly the size of my MCM setup with MWM bass cabinets.  Pretty darn close.  Good luck my friend.

Well, the new Jubilees are insane!

They do everything better than the khorns and go deeper than the underground’s. The new driver is also better than the underground’s. 
I took measurements and making a template to see if they fit in the corners (concerned about one side). 
Praying they fit, I have a fireplace and a piece of furniture that may prevent it. I haven’t felt this way since 1985 when I purchased my Khorns. I had to purchase a  new house with a better room, maybe it’s time again…

edit; 

Back to the drawing board, new Jubs are too large in width and don’t fit unless i move the audio furniture and all The wiring

• Like 1