College Football 2023

Dave1291

@Full Range slip back up and look at the rankings from last week.  Nah, that's just the way they roll against us.  Word is OSU is talking about having a "Red Out" when Penn State visits.  Penn State is known for their "White Out's" against other teams since their colors are blue and white.  Just sharin the love.  Funny how they took the time to insure there wasn't a huge block of OSU fans in one place.  lol  Took it to another level.  Gonna be a battle for sure!  SOMEone's gonna win but we'll see.  :)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

@Full Range slip back up and look at the rankings from last week.  Nah, that's just the way they roll against us.  Word is OSU is talking about having a "Red Out" when Penn State visits.  Penn State is known for their "White Out's" against other teams since their colors are blue and white.  Just sharin the love.  Funny how they took the time to insure there wasn't a huge block of OSU fans in one place.  lol  Took it to another level.  Gonna be a battle for sure!  SOMEone's gonna win but we'll see.  :)

OSU just needs to rub it in their face and win 

• Haha 1

@Full Range  They'll be ready but my biggest concern is all the youngins on that offensive line.  QB has to have at least 2.5 seconds to throw the ball to the spot then ya pray the receiver is gonna be there in time to catch it.  It's ALL about the timing.  The more time he has the more accurate he can be.  Going to be the biggest game that those youngin's have ever been in.  They looked better last week but it's now time to start gelling as a unit.  It's that way with all those top teams in the standings.  Time to GRIND now and see what shakes out.  The opposition naturally tries to exploit the weakness somehow.  Those boys, win or lose, will become Men after this game, either way!  ALL college teams have their rivalary's.  It's SOP.  lolol

Wondering where those two are that were gonna give me 50 points???  I'd even take a check.  If it doesn't clear after the game I'd just frame 'em and find a place to hang 'em!  😂💪😂

• Thanks 1

coyote.thumb.jpg.add1bf767a14a1a0a9dcb48dad31e376.jpg

I actually thought there was a Buckeye under that boulder.  How they did it I'll never know.  One of the craziest games I've ever seen.  17-14 and I didn't even need the 50 points!  :)  Next up Penn State at home, Wi on the road and blue in Ann Arbor.  

I thought the defib fired about 11 times watching the game until I realized I don't have a defifb in my pacer?  :)

Oregon stopped Colorado and rumor has it Neon's  Defensive Coordinator has hit the transfer portal.  

Dabo goes down at Clemson and whatever else I nosed on today has been ereased.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah Dave your guys did kind of squeak by last night. Mine? Let's just say I'll keep that frozen puck up on the left on all of my posts for a while longer they still have a valid chance of getting to the finals again and I mean past the playoffs to the finals!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Let's just say I'll keep that frozen puck up on the left on all of my posts for a while longer they still have a valid chance of getting to the finals again and I mean past the playoffs to the finals!

It's football season  no way out of it.  Frozen puck or not!

6 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I did see a lot of questionable calls in that game and some that were not called.

Officiating is like so many things though.  Subjective.  Post game the Harrison ball juggle catch w/one foot in that was ruled under the control clause was a blown call according to the officials in the replay booth.  It happens and ya just go w/the flow.  It's not OSU's fault that the right side linebacker didn't see they were missing a player yet it happened twice and cost them the game.  That's on Freeman.  There are always blown/no calls in every game.  It's the blatant missed/blown calls that drive you insane and sometimes cost you ball games.  It's never ending.

• Haha 1

@JohnJ to top it off w/the ND game the fans are saying the runners knee was down before he crossed the goal line w/the ball so the review was wrong and OSU didn't score?  

Ok, last nite I watched the camera replay on the goal line 10x and from everything I saw it was a good call.  The only thing controversial might be the wire camera from above so I found that vid.  10 more views and it looked good from above.  

They're gonna have to suck it up on this one and swallow it.  Had the right outside linebacker done his job of counting men on his side of the ball they would have realized they were one man short.  Their defensive end.  THAT could have changed the game!

So by the time the coaches upstairs realized it and told Freeman what was wrong they didn't have time to get a player on the field in time, no time outs left either.  Had they tried they would have gotten flagged for half the distance to the goal line.  It's a no brainer.  I could have made it in for the TD.

Suck it up fans they blew it.

:)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Agreed.

It's getting crazy anymore w/technology.  They're actually talking of incorporating some tip in each end of the football and syncing it w/a goal line device to tell if the tip of the ball crosses the plane of the goal line. 

BS you think?  NOT!  The Superball balls are made where?  In Ada,  Ohio, which is 50 miles from me.  So?  Yea. well riddle me this.  The VP of operations of the factory just happens to be married to a local chick.  Have known her entire family all my life and when her dad told me it flipped me out. 

So her dad invited me out one day to meet him.  Right from the horses mouth sports fans.  Great guy and he's at every Superbowl putting balls together at their exhibit.  I spent 2 hours shootin the crap that day and learned one heckuva lotta crap while laffin our rears off.

What's next?  Robotic officiating?   :)

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

It's getting crazy anymore w/technology.  They're actually talking of incorporating some tip in each end of the football and syncing it w/a goal line device to tell if the tip of the ball crosses the plane of the goal line. 

BS you think?  NOT!  The Superball balls are made where?  In Ada,  Ohio, which is 50 miles from me.  So?  Yea. well riddle me this.  The VP of operations of the factory just happens to be married to a local chick.  Have known her entire family all my life and when her dad told me it flipped me out. 

So her dad invited me out one day to meet him.  Right from the horses mouth sports fans.  Great guy and he's at every Superbowl putting balls together at their exhibit.  I spent 2 hours shootin the crap that day and learned one heckuva lotta crap while laffin our rears off.

What's next?  Robotic officiating?   :)

Sensors along each sideline, sensors lining the goal posts., sensors on the bodies to measure the hits and speeds, and AI sensors everywhere to compute the odds based on the last play  on who will win the game.

JJK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Sensors along each sideline, sensors lining the goal posts., sensors on the bodies to measure the hits and speeds, and AI sensors everywhere to compute the odds based on the last play  on who will win the game.

JJK

The first part is already in discussion and has been.  the body , etc has been ruled out.  That's NOT saying it won't happen someday but I won't be around to see it.  That's the last thing the NFL wants all the on line betting places to use.