ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

just yesterday i posted a question on the avs forum..."will the rockets speakers ever be available to audition locally?"

the thread drew alot of responses and suddenly the thread was removed...not just closed...but REMOVED....censorship at its highest form...

how come i felt like i was in elementary school???

just wanted to pass the word along....

russ

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geezzz,

I got into a debate regarding our beloved Klipsch speakers in there. I even had the president of the pocket rocket speakers saying the old klipsch (heritage) were excellent but the rockets were as good or better then the new RF line. I had to inform the egnoramus that the Heritage line was still produced and his Rockets could never hold a candle to them. He went on to say he didn't know Klipsch still made the heritage line.. really well informed president of a speaker company. Those guys over there are don't know audio from the Ho%$ in there A%$.9.gif

Noz

Like Scooterdog mentioned, and especailly since you have gone Heritage, I do not think you would consider backpedeling to something like a rocket.

Here is there web page if any of you are interested: http://www.rocketloudspeakers.com/default.asp

Also IMHO - I would pick a Klipsch reference series over a rocket any day.

Scooterdog. Did you notice how that Klipsch thread "are klipsch speakers OK" went from outright klipsch bashing sounding like panty girls saying "Klipsh are too bright" to later people saying they recently looked at Klipsch and liked the sound over everyting else in the store etc.

Good work - Us Klipsch lovers really put those whinny bashers at AVS in there place.

JM

JM and others,

The "Are Klipsch speakers ok" thread was an opportunity to stand up and be counted. It ended with a link to www.klipsch.com. We have a new member or two as a result.

I have ignored the obvious Rocket bias at AVS. If people want to be led by the nose, there is no helping them IMO.

AVS had a good discussion of home THX. There was some useful information from industry insiders about THX. Unfortunately, such threads are the exception.

Bill

JM,

I went to the rockets site and took a look at the specs, from these specs how can anyone even think that they could compare with RF's let alone Heritage.

I have never heard them so I can't really comment on how they sound, maybe they are very forgiving and sound OK with medioker amplification. Maybee that's why everyone is raving about them on the AVS forum.

Can't say for sure...

Oooooooooooh., Russ! You will be severely punished . You actually posed a legitimate question on the AVS forum concerning the mighty Rocket. Shame on you. No one questions the All Powerful Rocket and gets away without being ridiculed. No one.

Scooterdog: You may very well be right.

McGoo: The "Are Klipsch speakers ok" AVS thread ended on a good note because of the class of Klipsch people who participated and steered it in the right direction.

MJ and everyone: I think the AVS forum is terrific and I gather much information there as you do however looking into the speaker forum is like being thrown into one huge Rocket advertisement. People are sick of it. You cant carry on a decent conversation about any type speakers without these Rocket scientists sticking their 2 cents in and disrupting the flow of dialogue in many of the threads. Its annoying to no end. These guys are like hecklers at a political rally. They always show up and ruin the mood just as a subject is getting off the ground. Why dont I complain about it on AVS? Yeah Right! Just to be ostracized ? No thanks. Im just agreeing with what many other peoples observations about the situation. How many of our Klipsch people jump in on some ones train of thought just to tout our preference for the Klipsch line regardless of the fact that the subject matter may not even approach the type of speakers we all own. Why dont they start their own forum where they can drop their pants and shoot their Rockets. To the Moon Alice! I can understand a discussion about certain hot products domineering some threads because of a keen interest for new knowledge about new gear or improvements . On the other hand these Rocket Renegades have taken their fanaticism to unheard of levels that has members fed up. One of these days its going to backfire on the AVS owners if they dont figure out a way of controlling these people and the members are talking about it just as we are here. Its utter nonsense. These Rocket owners are not shedding a very good light on the speakers they cherish no matter how good they may be just by the attitude they convey in these threads. Would you buy a product because of the tenacity of the fanatics that own it never subsides even when their opinions may be totally off subject and their facts are based on bias? I dont think so. Why? Because we think like Klipsch owners. We get the facts straight FIRST before providing some informative input to a discussion. We have a sense of humor. We dont chase people from this forum with an attitude. If a member ever thought he did such a thing he or she is always soon to apologize. Common courtesy still exists HERE. We respect peoples opinions of other speaker manufacturers including the Rocket unless it reaches the point of insolence. Im sure PWK, although always the first to right a wrong and outspoken, would not have it any other way. We all know what the chief upstairs would say to these characters . B S!!! and pin this button where the moon dont shine. I may be wrong but I may be right.

BBB, you know I have never had an issue over there, but then again I don't recall going into the speaker section too much. Your post kinda makes me want to go over and start a rumble J/K.....2.gif

But I do see your points. Sometimes it's just better to bite your lip.

latest update...

my membership on the avs forum has been suspended...

i was posting the following:

"i think rockets are the greatest speakers in the world...

(that's the only type of comment the moderator will permit me to make)"

he suspended my membership.....

and the thread got put back up....

what a loser forum...

and the ironic thing is that the president of rocket speakers offered to sell me his top line RS750's for 30% off because i was in the "industry"

lol

russ

latest update...

my membership on the avs forum has been suspended...

i was posting the following:

"i think rockets are the greatest speakers in the world...

(that's the only type of comment the moderator will permit me to make)"

he suspended my membership.....

and the thread got put back up....

what a loser forum...

and the ironic thing is that the president of rocket speakers offered to sell me his top line RS750's for 30% off because i was in the "industry"

lol

russ

p.s. not interested in the least...i love my klf30's!!!!!

BBB, lol

I think it's another bose invasion as well. I say we go over and start a thread...Klipsh vs Pockets, oh sorry rockets.

Those specs are not great, 88db @ 1w/1m, 200 watts, 50 someodd lbs...so unless they are nuclear or something it would take 15 of them to get the sound that matches my front wall.

I'll back anyone who goes there and raises a ruckus.

m00n, BBB, JM, scooterdog....???