ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

----------------

On 1/29/2003 8:48:21 PM bigwally wrote:

I'm so excited I'm about to download in my pants!

----------------

Well, don't take em off ya wouldn't wanna leave a mess among these fine people. It would probably go unnoticed though. I like my Pro Medias.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m00n,

Why not first find out for yourselves why the minnimal_male was banned before resorting to mob tactics? Civil as it was, it was clearly started with poor intentions. I always like to find out both sides of a story first because I'd hate to find out later I'm defending a jacka**.

Hugh

I sure don't speak for the forum. People go out and people feel bad. You were mocking that people were being nice. Naturally like all forums whatever any indivual posts speaks for the whole forum and is discussed among the members so they can talk with one voice before it is posted. I guess something got by all the scrutiny before something not nice got posted. It's a tough web and everyone looks out for their own. I just feel bad for the victims. Probably end up late listening to music so I don't have nightmares about it.

----------------

On 1/29/2003 9:13:05 PM m00n wrote:

bigwally, TinHere

We were simply looking out for one of our own whom apparently got chastized by you guys.
2.gif
We were not harsh, we were gentlemen in our conduct. It was all in fun anyway.

----------------

1. Worthy of your defense? http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=218839

2. Yes, you were gentlemen...over there.

3. Trolling is always fun for one side, but there are reasons one should avoid it. Besides being a self-degrading and tasteless form of entertainment, one might get caught!

I actually do suspect that you, and most others here, are better than this. Few people in this world obsess over recordings and audio equipment like we do, so I hate to see these forums play out like who's got the biggest d!ck all the time instead of being places of common interest and comraderie.

----------------

On 1/29/2003 9:39:20 PM Hugh Jardon wrote:

m00n,

Why not first find out for yourselves why the minnimal_male was banned before resorting to mob tactics? Civil as it was, it was clearly started with poor intentions. I always like to find out both sides of a story first because I'd hate to find out later I'm defending a jacka**.

Hugh

----------------

Hugh and all AVSers

Welcome to the Klipsch forum.

Mob Tactics - That is a little harsh.

Re reading our posts, I do not see us defending Russ.

That is how this thread started, but not the AVS thread so please do not confuse the two.

We personally think Klipch speakers are the best most dynamic and detailed speakers for the money. And we want to share what we have learned with others.

I do not make any money off the speakers Klipsch make and have no other motives than to share audio knowledge.

JM

Hugh Jardon

Alright, I fess up to that. Got me there. 14.gif. I am man enought to admit that. I will say though, it really was all in fun. Simple case of being mischevous. We really meant no harm. Don't hold Klipsch the company at fault here for a few of us who wanted to raise some hairs...

Honestly you guys treated us with respect and you all seemed very cool.

Here's to you Rocket Guys! 30.gif

And they have a plan: make the best-sounding $5,000 speakers look better than anything you can find in any stereo store in the world and sell them for $1,400 per pair. How do they pull it off? The speakers are designed by rock star speaker and electronics designers and built in China to keep labor costs lower than American, Canadian and/or British-made speakers.

LOL

----------------

On 1/29/2003 9:52:56 PM bigwally wrote:

----------------

On 1/29/2003 9:13:05 PM m00n wrote:

bigwally, TinHere

We were simply looking out for one of our own whom apparently got chastized by you guys.
2.gif
We were not harsh, we were gentlemen in our conduct. It was all in fun anyway.

----------------

1. Worthy of your defense?

2. Yes, you were gentlemen...over there.

3. Trolling is always fun for one side, but there are reasons one should avoid it. Besides being a self-degrading and tasteless form of entertainment, one might get caught!

I actually do suspect that you, and most others here, are better than this. Few people in this world obsess over recordings and audio equipment like we do, so I hate to see these forums play out like who's got the biggest d!ck all the time instead of being places of common interest and comraderie.

----------------

bigwally You got my appologies... Your right, he was coming off caustic. Hmm, I suddenly don't like this tast of foot in my mouth.

11.gif

Well are'nt we one big happy family now ?????

Maybe it's a good thing for some avs boys to lurk though our posts !!! I think you'll find a lot more than you thought when you arrived. There are a lot of decent open minded folks here, more of a family than a forum.

If you want to challenge your amp know how , try two channel land. Want to fixup or refinish your speakers try, updating old speakers. Got a problem with anything, then theres tech land up top, ETC ETC ETC .

but last but not least, having a bad day ?? need someone to chat with ?? "general questions & odds and mods " is both a church , hospital , the big brother you never had , political free for all and whatever lyes between.

I'll let you new guys in on our little deal here, all it took was one guy from here thinking he was getting the short end of the stick, and look how many guys ( right or wrong ) came to his defence.

I've spent little time on your forum, but i hope at the end of the day you can log off your computer with the same feeling we do here , and look forward to hearing what the boys have to say the next day.

I appoligize if any of my comments were out of line, but i believe we were all well behaved in your forum. Hell even your mod jump in and gave the thumbs up !!

I like Klipsch fans. I like the idea that there's a group of people adamantly dedicated to a particular (nee' peculiar?) type of sound. And the thing is, you can't argue with a Klipsch fan either--you can't tell someone he's not a horn dog. He likes horns and there's nothing you can do about it.

If I had an unlimited money supply, I wouldn't buy Klipsch--I'd buy Dunlavy or VMPS or something else that has a response curve that has no curves whatsoever. But I sure can't fault you horn dogs, even if you *are* in denial about the whole Hecho en Mejico thing.

--NotSoHorny

m00n,

Russ just seemed to be trying to instigate a lot of people into emotional responses over the past several days on several forums. I think its left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths and some frayed nerves. You guys were all great at AVS, asking good questions, and just wanting to find out what the hubub is about. No harm, no foul..it's all cool. Now time to go have a beer and get the bad taste out.9.gif

bigwally,

You're crazy, I really am Hugh! In truth, it was just a play on the minnimal_male comment above.

m00n,

Good idea.

I think I will crank up the ol HiFi and pop the top off a cold one and listen to some tunes.

btw, you mentioned Harmon Kardon receivers on the avs thread.

I do have the little HK/430 which I love dearly but I'm not really into the home theater thing that much.

As it is right now I don't have any use for the surround channels on my yammy anyway.

Propably instead of going the route of a bigger better receiver I will follow the path of small tube amps for a two channel setup.

Unfortunately not anytime soon seeing as how I'm a student living off of loans right now, this will change in less then a year when I graduate as I go from having no money to oweing great gobs of it to eventually having money once I am rich and famous.

Now as I was saying, how about that beer1.gif

Peace, Josh