ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

JM,

Yeah I was the one that questioned the validity of the thread. You get one poor guy trying to decide how good the Klipsch line is and asking for some help and all of a sudden all of the pocket rocket fans including the president of the compant come out of the wood work bashing our beloved Klipsch. Next thing I know is the moderator is in there telling everyone to cool there jets. Wow, couldn't even have a constructed conversation on that thread. Besides, where can you even hear these spaced out boxes anyway...just a thought

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, it's funny seeing all of your names over there! I may jump in but I have a feeling I wouldn't keep my composure. I can't stand people who trash Klipsch because it's trendy to do so.

BTW, I thought AVS was the land of the Swan Divas? Now it's Rockets? Do they just jump on the latest fad in speakers? I don't post over there, I'm an HTF'r.

EDIT: I guess the Rockets were once Swan Divas, or at least they were somehow affiliated.

And you work at EWU. Small world indeed!

I'm kinda Klipschless until Mid-Spring, then I can get my '83 Cornwalls shipped up here.

I originally had '95 Chorus II's.

Right now I'm stuck in Full-Range driver exile.

I love my Full-Range 12" Norelco/Philip's speakers, but I do miss horns.

I am about 3/4ths the way finished with 3 foot enclosures for the Norelco's.

They will be port tuned to around 30 Hz or so.

They should do real well with the little 5 watt SE 6BQ5 Magnavox tube amp I just rebuilt. (With the aid of a retired EE's schematic who is local as well.)

I had a HT setup going with the Chorus II's, but now I am content with 2 channel.

(Still have my SVS CS 16/46's though, gotta have that low-end ya know.)

Rockets. With the low 88 Decibel sensitivity they have, you could feed them dirt and they still wouldn't sound bad.

Just typical cones and domes.

Unlike the unforgiving Klipsch, which will let you know about mediocre sources and amps.

Well it is nice to know there is a local Forum member!

Sorry about the long post!