ever criticize an advertiser on avs forum?

minn_male42

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JM- I did get a laugh from the welcome to the AVS forum post. If they can't imtimidate you they try to kill you with kindness.

Mike S- I would not be happy to be Klipschless for so long.

The Rocket crowd seems to dislike the detail that Klipsch provides. Low sensitivity speakers seem to appeal to them.

Bill

I'm not sure if Qman is listening but one of the guys that has the rockets is on merrit Island which is where Q lives. Maybe we can convince him to go listen to them and give us a detailed reprot. Then he can take that guy over to his place and knock his socks off.

Mike S.

"You could play dirt through them and they would still probably sound good" Too Funny

Possibly a clay loam or a sand would also be good source material.LOL

EJ 1.gif

I'm busy over there ramming the tube thing at them, guess we'll attack from all angles . lol

Wonder if i can set some kind of a record for getting kicked off the forum the fastest.11.gif

Just starting to get a little intresting, i can forsee some heat coming if we all keep pushing 3.gif

Anyone know if theres a BOSE site we can have some fun on ?

P.S i'm playing nice over there, i've yet to even mention the rockets just the sensitivity of klipsch heritage.

----------------

On 1/29/2003 11:01:33 AM MrMcGoo wrote:

JM- I did get a laugh from the welcome to the AVS forum post. If they can't imtimidate you they try to kill you with kindness.

Bill

----------------

Bill, I noticed that very quickly that they actually seemed no different that what so many speak of hear, that it depends on what sounds good to "YOU". I almost felt bad for them.

----------------

On 1/29/2003 12:31:55 PM erikjohn wrote:

I'm not sure if Qman is listening but one of the guys that has the rockets is on merrit Island which is where Q lives. Maybe we can convince him to go listen to them and give us a detailed reprot. Then he can take that guy over to his place and knock his socks off.

----------------

Yeah,

I sent a PM to that guy in merritt island.

Maybe I will have a chance to go over there and listen to his rockets,lol.

He said he went from RF3 based 7.1 to the rocket 7.1, from what I've seen down in odds and mods the RF3 doesn't even come close to the kind of monsters that Q-man has at his place.

This reminds me however that I never got in contact with the other orlando area klipschers.

You are all welcome to PM me here and we can see if we can figure out a time when you can come over and listen to my system(such as it is).

Peace, Josh

----------------

On 1/29/2003 4:07:21 PM BBB wrote:

I’m waiting in the wings to see what develops before I comment. I suspect that the opposition is doing the same. We’ll see. There’s a lot of sugar being thrown out there. Proceed with caution.
2.gif

----------------

9.gif Yeah... I was thinking the same, things have gotten rather mushy and loving all of a sudden.

Was it that they could not keep up with the strong Klipsch support, or are they really are a nice set of guys....

There threads run hot and cold from time to time. It will heat up again.

As for the mush. that is normal too. There are a lot of "can't we all get along" posters over there. Maybe we should send foresthump over there. He could call them all rocket loving comunists or democrats or some crap like that.

I may throw a couple of bones and some more detail tomarrow to the thread to see where it goes.

Did you notice a guy started a new thread stating he ordered his rockets today? I kind of feel sorry for him.

JM

----------------

On 1/29/2003 6:10:30 PM j-malotky wrote:

Maybe we should send foresthump over there. He could call them all rocket loving comunists or democrats or some crap like that.

JM

----------------

48.gif27.gif48.gif27.gif48.gif27.gif

Oh man how true is that. Somone get a hold of that boy and send him in... Gawd damn that would be a hoot.

hey guys!

its cool to read all your names over at avs...i would join in but my membership has been suspended...

maybe approach it this way....if klipsch are too revealing, maybe they are revealing problems with your electronics...sorta like hitting them from behind....

just a thought....(and people wonder why i was suspended!!!)

russ

----------------

On 1/29/2003 8:08:54 PM NotSoHorny wrote:

It's been great to see you fellow Klipsch lovers on AVS Forum. I would say without a doubt that the Klipsch is one of the top four or five best Mexican-made speakers ever to be blown out on uBid.

--NotSoHorny
----------------

The Klipsch speakers I know and love were made in the good ol U.S.A. in the same year I was born.

btw, usually NotSoHorny = NotSoSensitive3.gif

Peace, Josh

on the avs forum...(since i am suspended) tinhear mentioned that the rocketeers are a good sort of people....

well...

the following is a quote from the av123 forum concerning some of the threads that were running at the sound & vision forum at the time....

after about a day and more than a couple threads shut down...av123 forum edited the message...but here is the original...

"Right now S&V is cool. I managed to sqeeze an apology out of Rich & Barney and the rest should settle down (not sure about Smacking Boy RussKon & Clueless Gill, but I think neither would stand a chance with the rest already laying down their arms). If things go our way we should be looking at having S&V as our other playpan in the coming weeks.

PF"

THIS is the attitude that the rocketeers are presenting on their own forum and their moderators just let it go....

(by the way...i'm RussKon)

russ

guys....

lets face it...the rocketeers love their speakers....they are unwilling to admit that their electronics don't allow them to enjoy a great speaker that reveals everything in the source and signal path....

personally...although i enjoy a good argument, i need to get a life...i'm going to turn off my computer for awhile.....

i'm tired of being attacked on avs forum even though i can't defend myself because the f***ing a****le moderator feels that i was "attacking a company".....

thank you all for your support....i'm going to put on some cd's that i haven't heard for awhile and enjoy the music...

thanks,

russ

High Fives guys...

You finally proved once and for all there is a Rocket conspiracy. Fools that the members were at AVS they were nice to you. What suckers. They must be real jerks to welcome discussions about speakers when there is only one good speaker out there. This discussion is turning fond memories of listening to Klipsch sour. You're an incredible bunch, and maybe even decent as individuals, but did you read this thread? It might make an interesting study in motivations and goals. It's time for me to take off....I know, don't let the door hit me. 3.gif