What treatment for my 1990 Heresy cabinets?

DLStryker

I have 1990 Heresys.  Model H WO.  I assume that is Walnut.  Is that correct?

What should I treat the wood of the cabinets with?  I just picked these up from the original owner a month ago.  The gentleman I purchased them of from was 2 years old when his mother purchased these speakers on the base in Greece.  She gave them to him when he was 16.  I'm guessing they have never been oiled, etc.  The wood is in great shape though as far as not a single water satin anywhere.

PIC1.jpeg

4 hours ago, OO1 said:

TRADE SECRET  e wipe on , get the Dark coloured bottle  -  sold on Amazon ,     2 applications will restore the finish as new 

Are you talking about this:    Amazon.com: Trade Secret Scratch Remover for Wood Furniture and Floor Cover Nicks and Scratches, Camouflage Minor Defects (8oz / 236 Ml)… (Dark) : Health & Household

5 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

I used Tung oil with awesome results on my oiled oak forte IIs.

Some recommend Watco rejuvenating oil.

The Tung oil sound like a good option for Walnut.  It says it is a clear oil that will not darken.  I do not believe I would want anything that would darken the Walnut.  I see there is a Tung Oil-Finish.  Is that what you are recommending?

10 hours ago, OO1 said:

one  8 oz i bottle can treat  a few  pairs of cabinets  

I just ordered off of Amazon.  When I have these torn apart to do the HIII upgrade, I will treat the cabinets.  I am going to do one cabinet (HIII upgrade and wood treatment) at a time.  I will be able to show side-by-side comparison.  I am also going to be able to compare a HII to HIII side-by-side!!!  I know it will not be an exact comparison.  As the HII drivers and xovers will take some time to burn in.

I have a set of "rough around the edges" KG4's.  I'm going to try Trade Secret that 001 recommended on one and then Watco Rejuvenating on the other.   This pics that 001 posted above of the Trade Secret application look great in my opinion.

I will report back with side by side pics of the Watco vs. Tade Secret.  I will apply the best resulting oil to my prized Heresy's!  My Heresy II's are going through a H III upgrade as well.

1 hour ago, DLStryker said:

I have a set of "rough around the edges" KG4's.  I'm going to try Trade Secret that 001 recommended on one and then Watco Rejuvenating on the other.   This pics that 001 posted above of the Trade Secret application look great in my opinion.

I will report back with side by side pics of the Watco vs. Tade Secret.  I will apply the best resulting oil to my prized Heresy's!  My Heresy II's are going through a H III upgrade as well.

I've used Watco Tung Oil on Heresys, Chorus, and Cornwalls -- always with outstanding results.  Use some 0000 steel wool over the entire cabinet and then clean off.  Put on two coats of the Tung Oil.  Tung Oil is clear and after two coats will look a bit glossy.  If you don't like that, you can get them back to satin with a light rubbing with the steel wool.